Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Analysis of Charts
Analysis of Charts
Hi

I noted my PB has grown from none to 1 to 3 in as many days. From the 2 charts, is there anything I should be paying attention to? I can't tell if the resp rate chart is something unusual or normal given the large fluctuations. 

Noted the 20min leak that crossed the leak upper threshold.

http://imgur.com/a/24Qls
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Analysis of Charts
My impression is you need a bit more minimum pressure. The PB is nothing to worry about, you have no CA, and all of your events are obstructive (OA, H, RERA and snores). You might try a minimum of 8.5 or 9.0 and see if things settle down for you.

We don't need the second chart, and just shrink the calendar by clicking on the triangle in the date line; consider turning off the pie-chart in file/Preferences/Appearance.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2017, 03:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My impression is you need a bit more minimum pressure.  The PB is nothing to worry about, you have no CA, and all of your events are obstructive (OA, H, RERA and snores).  You might try a minimum of 8.5 or 9.0 and see if things settle down for you.  

We don't need the second chart, and just shrink the calendar by clicking on the triangle in the date line; consider turning off the pie-chart in file/Preferences/Appearance.

Thanks Sleeprider!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2017, 03:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My impression is you need a bit more minimum pressure.  The PB is nothing to worry about, you have no CA, and all of your events are obstructive (OA, H, RERA and snores).  You might try a minimum of 8.5 or 9.0 and see if things settle down for you.  

I tend to disagree somewhat with Sleeprider about PB (Periodic Breathing/Cheyne-Stokes Respiration) in the absence of CAs (Clear Airways/Central Apneas).

Recurring episodes of PB may be an indication of CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) -- fluid backing up into the lungs due to inadequate circulation or the retention of fluid. I would consider watching your salt consumption and if you see a continuing trend of PBs, swollen ankles, etc., speaking with your doctor. A simple blood test called a BNP (B-type Natriuretic Peptide) can rule this out in most people.  I am sensitive to the subject of PB's because that was my first clue that something was amiss.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem.  Good luck and hope you sleep better tonight. I'll disagree with Srlevine1, and leave it at that for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 11 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 50 1,014 03-16-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 2 153 03-10-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 122 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 350 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 352 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.