Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Analysis of Oscar waveforms
Analysis of Oscar waveforms
My first session looks good - to me.
Looks like the clock is off, I'll look into that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Analysis of Oscar waveforms
Did you sleep well? Hypopnea and Unclassified events have you nearly at 5 AHI. This session was at 4.46. You're almost where you're not treated.

I don't remember, why'd they put you on "old square waves" ST? As is, again, it's barely treating you.

If you feel good for it then OK, but if there's symptoms and events it's missing, then there's work to do.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2021, 11:27 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Did you sleep well? Hypopnea and Unclassified events have you nearly at 5 AHI. This session was at 4.46. You're almost where you're not treated.

I don't remember, why'd they put you on "old square waves" ST? As is, again, it's barely treating you.

If you feel good for it then OK, but if there's symptoms and events it's missing, then there's work to do.

I remember the sleep study said I get central apneas, which the doctor explained were special cases with an unknown cause. I thought the ST was for that. I don't know what the script to DME was. I see a new pulmonologist in July, I'll bring up switching to a different machine. I was thinking an AHI of 5 was near perfect.
Post Reply Post Reply
No actually the ASV treats Central Apnea. And the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is king. The ResMed ST does have a backup rate similar to ASV, but ASV in ASV Auto mode will have EPAP, PS, and IPAP all range within your set parameters to tackle all that's thrown at it.

As I recall, the ST was one old school method to combat CA. The ASV is many times better.

PS do you have your diagnosic and titration results, the detailed reports? If you do, post redacted version as attachments. If you don't, HIPAA law permits you to request and receive these.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2021, 12:49 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: No actually the ASV treats Central Apnea. And the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is king. The ResMed ST does have a backup rate similar to ASV, but ASV in ASV Auto mode will have EPAP, PS, and IPAP all range within your set parameters to tackle all that's thrown at it.

As I recall, the ST was one old school method to combat CA. The ASV is many times better.

PS do you have your diagnosic and titration results, the detailed reports? If you do, post redacted version as attachments. If you don't, HIPAA law permits you to request and receive these.

OK, I will ask for an ASV and my study results. I remember the Doctor said he pushed the insurance people to get me a bipap device, so maybe an ASV was disallowed by the insurance.
Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV is a BPAP but it also has a backup rate and the algorithm to attack CA. Other machines may work somewhat on Centrals, but the ASV truly is tops.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a local ASV model on Craigslist.
First session.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK yeah we can't top the zero AHI. Did it feel comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to jinx it, but yeah very good, very deep sleep. The Auto-EPAP (8.76) was much lower than my titration of 16cm. Very nice! And the Auto-IPAP (max 19.22) matches my prescription of 20cm, and I did not need such a high pressure all night. 

A very well designed device.
Thanks for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want a bit of added comfort, it looks like your Max PS could be dialed back a bit if you want. You likely won't need Max PS of 20. On the other hand, if you're comfortable and keep getting zeros you could let it ride until/unless a comfort issue crops up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 177 04-22-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 642 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 579 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,909 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 194 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Do these waveforms represent an arousal BigWing 2 178 03-26-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 281 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.