Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Analyzing OSCAR Data
Analyzing OSCAR Data
Hello, 

I started CPAP therapy in October and am still getting used to it. My AHI at diagnosis was just over 5, but enough to make me feel absolutely destroyed when I slept. I've been using the APAP provided by my insurance (ResMed AirSense 11) and figured out a mask that mostly works for me (AirFit n30i). My OSCAR data shows my AHI under 5 consistently, but bounces between 0.0 and 3.0. 

I still feel destroyed most days, so I'm assuming that despite my AHI being low; I still have some fine-tuning to do (or maybe I need to use it longer until I get used to it?). I see my sleep doctor in January. 

Some nights I feel like I'm suffocating and I have to take the mask off. Some nights I feel like I'm getting enough air but just never feel rested the next day. 

I attached my data from last night - on paper it looks great (except the giant gap where I took the mask off/shut off the machine because the mask was irritating my nose). But I still feel tired and worn-out today. 

I would appreciate any guidance anyone could provide in looking at the OSCAR data and figuring out what (if anything) needs to be adjusted.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Analyzing OSCAR Data
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Your results are very good. We just need to adjust your pressure settings a bit so you don't feel "air starved". A wide open setting will do that.

I suggest you move your minimum pressure to start at 7cm. You really aren't receiving any benefit from EPR if set below 7. Set EPR to 2. You can leave the max where it is, although it's not necessary to be that high. If you want, you can bring it down to 15cm. I like keeping a narrower range.

I think you will notice a difference in breathing. So, inspiration set to 7, EPR set to 2.
This will give you an exhalation pressure of 5.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose! I adjusted my machine per your recommendations and I definitely noticed a difference. I still felt a little groggy today, but not as bad as usual.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We eliminated the Obstructives which is good, but gained a couple clear airway events.
Hopefully these will taper off in time. Stick with these settings for a few days and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW those numbers look great! Looks like Opalrose had right. I really like how the OAs went away. It could be that you are being woken up during your rem sleep. Are you remembering your dreams? Maybe try lowering your max pressure by 1 and see how that does. If it looks better, what I would do is to keep lowering it until the CAs go away and the OAs start to come back. Then start narrowing that pressure difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.