Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

And SleepyHead's New Software License is...
And SleepyHead's New Software License is...
After some careful consideration and soul searching regarding SleepyHead's licensing worries...

I realised there is something worth protecting even more that just my software's copyright. The community backing it!

I wrote a blog post about it here: https://www.jedimark.net/node/5

TL;DR version:
The GPL sucks a little, but SleepyHead stays GPL, because screw the abusers, SleepyHead is awesome because of the community behind it, and none of us will stand for that crap!

SleepyHead will move to a "pay zero, or more if you want" software business model, rather than just "donations are encouraged" to help me cover costs... not really much of a change, but I will try to make things a little clearer regarding the amount of time and money to that goes into producing and maintaining SleepyHead.

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all who have supported SleepyHead project in this regard, it has been hugely appreciated!

And I want thank you to all of you, for helping me regain balance over this stuff.

Sleep Well,
/Jedimark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: And SleepyHead's New Software License is...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
jedimark,
Just want to say...Thank You for caring and for updating us on your decision.
Without this software, many of us would be lost.

You are very much appreciated!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is very good news Mark. I'm so glad that things are getting squared away on the licensing issues prior to the release of ver. 1.0.0.

SleepyHead is an amazing piece of work. It boggles my mind all of what you've gone through to make SleepyHead the absolute premier software package for CPAP users. No other CPAP software even comes close.

Folks, Mark has been a TRUE FRIEND to thousands of CPAP users around the world and deserves our support!

Apnea Board has a history of using and supporting open-source software if at all possible - and we will continue to support Mark's SleepyHead project going forward - and Mark, you have my personal commitment that we will do all within our power to help you in ANY way we can. If you want or need anything at all, just ask.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Don't know what I would do without Sleepyhead, appreciate all your hard work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, this is great news for SleepyHead users! SleepyHead, together with the advice from this forum, is the single most important factor in making CPAP therapy a success for me, and no doubt for thousands of others.

Folks, if you use SleepyHead and haven't made a donation, please do so now. Mark has devoted countless hours to this software and given it away freely. But I'm sure he has a family to support and bills to pay just like everybody else, and we all owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude. Go to http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ and scroll down to the Donate button near the end of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, you have helped countless people regain health and sanity! Even my very straightforward therapy is better, and my anxiety over it reduced because I am able to see what it is doing! So a big thank you!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Great decision Mark!

Delighted to post yet again how much Sleepyhead helped me personally - I doubt I would ever have finally got a prescription for the type of machine I really needed without the data I possessed thanks to your work.

all the best, asjb

....................................................................................................
My current settings: Auto-ASV. EPAP 11-14. PS 3-10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 60 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 327 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 586 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 960 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,151 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,066 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 646 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.