Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
Last night - I moved the nightstand closer to the bed, not much difference. Don't know what I can do to bring the Large Leaks down. I thought the nasal pillow was well fit but my mask pressure is WAY below the 14.6 setting and bounces around like crazy. I am not a mouth breather when I am falling asleep, but I must be after I have fallen asleep.

AHI 8.29
OA 0.31
CA 6.71
UA 1.05
H 0.21 87 
LL 39.72%
RERA 0
CSR 7.13%

OA 3 events
CA 64 events
H 2 events
LL 87 events
CSR 1 event

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you been using the current pillow in the P10? Normally, they only seem to last for a couple of months before they start to leak.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 01:46 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: How long have you been using the current pillow in the P10?  Normally, they only seem to last for a couple of months before they start to leak.

I have had my Airsense 10 Autoset only since March 5th! I started with a full face mask, then within the 30 day trial period, I switched to the nasal pillows, so I have actually used the P10 considerably less than one month. I started with the medium pillows, and switched to the small pillows (the P10 was supplied with L, M and S pillows).  I might try the medium pillows again I guess. Looking back at the screenshots after the first two days, the Large Leaks with the full face mask were lower than with the nasal pillows, in the range of 0% to about 15%, but the early numbers with the nasal pillows were also much lower. So it is looking to me like the switch to small pillows rather from full fact to nasal pillows is where the LL number started going up
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Usually for the P10, you take Resmed's size recommendation and increase it one size.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be looking for you to use a medium or more likely large P10 nasal pillows. I assume that profile avatar is you. My wife uses a medium and let's just say your nose is not petite. You'll be surprised how much easier air flows and the mask will seal better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the message I sent to my PA through the patient portal. I also have called Apria's dedicated Kaiser line and will be getting contacted by an Apria respiratory therapist.

Merealee,

There is another thing pressing on my mind. You said my central apneas might take three months to resolve if they are "treatment-emergent." I do not think I have the luxury of that amount of time to find out. After three months of sufficient use, regardless of the efficacy of the current treatment, I will own the current machine and my Kaiser Medicare Advantage plan will not pay for another machine. I am not getting AHIs under 5, and virtually all my apneas are being reported by the Airsense 10 Autoset as central, even with CPAP mode and 14.6 pressure with pressure relief. By the time of our appointment on the 16th, I will be half way through the three month period. Given scheduling constraints, I respectfully request that we schedule another titration study to determine whether I need an ASV machine, and that if so, my sleep doc gives the order for it within the three month period. Thanks for your consideration.

Pat Anderson
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 06:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would be looking for you to use a medium or more likely large P10 nasal pillows.  I assume that profile avatar is you.   My wife uses a medium and let's just say your nose is not petite. You'll be surprised how much easier air flows and the mask will seal better.

For sure, I will try the medium nasal pillows, but I very well may go back to the full face mask. After all, while I am asleep, I have no idea what I am doing with my mouth.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Letter to the PA looks good. Hopefully it gets a titration test scheduled, of course it can always be cancelled if your CA events suddenly go missing. Keep us posted.

With regard to masks, these are choices we all make, and my only preference is that you use what is comfortable and works best for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been away for a week. I took my Airsense 10 Autoset with me and used it each night. Here is last night, switching from the small nasal pillow to the medium nasal pillow, not seeing any improvement in Large Leaks, in fact the prior night with the small nasal pillow the Large Leaks were 18.15%:

AHI 10.88
OA 0.96
CA 9.28
UA 0.64
H 0.00
LL 33.96%
RERA 0.00
CSR 0%

OA events 6
CA events 58
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe try large cushions on the mask. 58 CA doesn't sound like fun. Trainwreck. Hopefully you get the PA to decide to help instead of hinder. I know what I'd do, CPAP ain't working doc. Help or you're fired. You've got 5 seconds to decide.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 73 3 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,277 11 hours ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 253 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 109 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 386 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 111 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.