Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
On the ResMed PAPs, this OSCAR graph of leaks, 0 and upward is leaks above intended/calculated, if I remember correctly. Move up the leak rate where 24 is, that's the ResMed redline. OSCAR has the option to mark that leak graph with the redlined 24 to be clearly indicated. Below the red line equals under 24 and above equals more than 24. I think it's an edit if you right click on leaks graph.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
It has been a bit since my last post, mostly because everything had been going along the way it was since the beginning (badly, all centrals per OSCAR).  Thanks to OSCAR data which I had plotted on a spreadsheet for more than two months along with selected screenshots, which I regularly sent to the PA through the patient portal, the PA finally ordered another Titration Study, which was last night, and guess what. Perhaps the Tech was perhaps talking out of school and telling me things that only the PA should after the mysterious doc signs the report, but I learned two things. First, although I have been using nasal pillows, as soon as I fell asleep, my mouth popped wide open, and a lot of the air that should have been going down the airway was going out my mouth. She finally after a couple of masks changes switched me to a Phillips Dreamware full face mask, that problem solved. The biggie, however, is she told me I would be getting a new machine - as soon as she switched the program to ASV, my centrals completely disappeared. The CPAP only pumps air when I breathe in. The ASV shoots a blast of air, and I mean a blast, when it detects I SHOULD be breathing but am not - and that first blast of air was an experience but not difficult to get used to. I fell back asleep and slept great until she woke me up at 6:45 a.m. She sent me home with the Dreamware mask. The only downside was that their coffee machine was broken! I am home now and we have coffee! Follow up with PA is 5-18, and heaven only knows how long it will take Kaiser to approve the new machine and then how long it will take Apria to get it to me, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] UARS, data interpretation OSCAR, what to do? KingKongBingBong 3 77 05-13-2021, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  does anyone know of an app/program that analyzes raw OSCAR data? amiru 8 182 05-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad OSCAR data - CA and overall help ruffianopatsu 18 553 05-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Treatment] Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions koala1 9 207 05-03-2021, 05:32 PM
Last Post: koala1
Arrow Please help to interpret new OSCAR data? Brian29 6 165 04-27-2021, 10:20 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Treatment] Oscar data help bipap Moemah123 49 1,253 04-25-2021, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar Data ?/ switch from APAP to Resmed Bipap or ASV? Shulamet 14 425 04-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.