Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
(03-23-2021, 07:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yes it might help, but still conveying the ongoing symptoms will get you a home run better than stats alone. Ongoing fatigue and such indicates therapy isn't successful.
Yes, I have been working on that in my head. It will all be true:

I am not refreshed when I wake up. I still usually fall asleep on the couch after supper. I always drowse when I am a passenger in a car. My wife always drives on long trips because she has seen me nod off while driving. Nothing has changed since I started therapy (although it is not very long yet). But the other data kind of explains why. AirSense 10 Autoset does not treat central apnea. We shall see.
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to keep complaining until I was on the ASV path. If whatever doctor is working on your PAP therapy doesn't listen rather immediate, fire him and go elsewhere. Do make certain you've gotten all your reports for yourself to avoid redoing testing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2021, 10:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I had to keep complaining until I was on the ASV path. If whatever doctor is working on your PAP therapy doesn't listen rather immediate, fire him and go elsewhere. Do make certain you've gotten all your reports for yourself to avoid redoing testing.

Yes, I have both reports, Full Night Somnogram and Titration, and I have requested the prescription that the doc wrote. The PA called today, I was not here when she called, but I will talk to her again in the next day or so. I will be asking her to see that the doc reviews what I will be providing and asking her to ask him to attend the follow-up in person.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, yesterday after I imported the data from the SD card to my computer, I forgot to remove the SD card and return it to the APAP. Does that mean last night's data is simply lost or is it possibly still in memory in the APAP?
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
You can recover yesterday's summary data but not detailed, when the SD wasn't present in the PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night. I have not been changing the mask type in the  AirSense 10 Autoset settings every time I decide to change masks. This was in fact with the nasal pillows.

AHI 3.35
OA 1.00
CA 2.34
UA 0.00
H 0.00
LL 2.34%

Where I am landing on mask type is nasal pillows. Issues with full face: can't easily scratch an itch on my face. Can't easily sneeze. Every time I roll onto my left side I mess up the mask fit.  I am having a huge issue controlling leakage. The only issue with nasal pillows: I have a difficult time getting respiration going right at the start, but very quickly it settles into nice easy breathing.

Settings that I think will be permanent (at least until I change them!): ramp off, EPR off, SmartStart off. Climate control manual, temperature off, humidity off. I am running with the water tub empty, and not experiencing any discomfort. I fall asleep easily, but I seem to regularly wake up about 3:30 a.m., and I think I am conscious of my surroundings but the next thing I know it is 6:30 a.m., so I must have gone back to sleep.

Treatment efficacy is doubtful. AHIs plotted are a roller coaster. Only four days since March 5 with AHI under 5. CAs still predominate, in fact OAs have never even closely approached CAs. I still fall a sleep on the couch after supper every night, and drowse whenever I am a passenger in the car. My wife does most of the driving on any long trip because she has seen me nod off at the wheel. I have sent a spreadsheet with all my numbers to the sleep doc's PA, and she has requested access to my data from Apria, so I think she will be taking a close look at what is going on, at least I hope so. Stay tuned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Two points to remind you of.  
  1. You will NOT get good treatment from your AutoSet. These current numbers are likely the best we can do, we will tweak around for comfort but that is all.
  2. You need an ASV IMHO.  How is your justification coming?
Post Reply Post Reply
Me personally I'd already be beating the ASV drum long and loud for the doc. If the doc's not responding he's unemployed.

PS as is it's going to take potentially a few months to process via insurance. I'd be inclined to push the iceberg now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2021, 03:26 PM)Gideon Wrote: Two points to remind you of.  
  1. You will NOT get good treatment from your AutoSet. These current numbers are likely the best we can do, we will tweak around for comfort but that is all.
  2. You need an ASV IMHO.  How is your justification coming?

No argument from me. But I am probably going to be told I have not "given therapy a chance." I have only been using the APAP for about 20 days or so. I am going to have a phone conversation with the PA today or tomorrow, and ask her what the plan is for evaluation of the efficacy of treatment. If no satisfactory answer, I do have a friend who has been in he sleep therapy business a long time, and I can certainly find another sleep doc if necessary.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Pat,
I mean no disrespect, but I've taken the long rocky road to get an ASV. I was on BPAP 1 week and told the doc it was a fail. That doc and team started the process to get ASV then after my stressing BPAP was terrible. That was like May of 2017. It took me getting an ASV titration and passing the echocardiogram before ASV was delivered somewhere about September same year. And I was pushing them daily, yet it took from the time they actually recognized need to delivery was 4 months or so.

PS the moral of my story, it's not too soon to tell them this PAP experiment has failed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 1 79 7 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 135 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,369 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 295 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 206 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 133 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 397 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.