Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
RE: Anderson5420's OSCAR Data
OK besides a time kill, this is actually progress. The ASV if numbers indicate qualification... If they see an increase in CA, they start using ASV mode to see the results. That's how I'd read it.

Echocardiogram? I think the action here is similar to mine in 2017. Contact your primary care doc, mention you need an echocardiogram to prove your LVEF is greater than 45% as a qualifier for the ASV. Mention that specifically.

You'll typically go to a local hospital, to the imaging x-ray department and a tech will perform the echo. This is an audio visual ultrasound of the heart. You lie back on the exam table with shirt off, the tech pushes an ultrasound wand around your chest over the heart to capture data. The tech applies a cold gel to your chest to help with the data capture. It'll last about 30-45 mins. The data is sent to a cardiologist for review. The summary info should clue you in on pass or fail, but you're looking for LVEF %, 45 or higher is a pass. It's still a hurdle to qualify for ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2021, 06:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You should be a diplomat. Well done!

Well, since retiring in 2013 I have become a volunteer mediator at the local dispute resolution center. One thing I have observed is that you usually don't get people to see things your way by insulting them!
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I bet when you resolve an insult to be the best path forward, it’s a doozy. Smile Good luck, and I mean that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excuse me if I mentioned this before, but the new program per order of the PA is CPAP mode, 14.6 cm H2O, with pressure relief. Had a good night last night, have to wait a bit to pull the SD card to get my OSCAR numbers which I will post.  Last night, I finally got the nasal pillow the way I need it, went from the medium pillow to the small pillow, and adjusted things up. I was not aware of any leaks, and I was able to breathe deeply very easily. I am anxious to see the OSCAR report for last night, but I want the machine to "call home" before I pull the SD card. For whatever reason, after two days of not reading the SD card, now the computer has read the missing two days and so everything is pretty much caught up.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
We often try fixed CPAP pressure with complex apnea and get better results, but it's worth noting that the central apnea component is consistently inconsistent. I'm not optimistic that this will prove to be your answer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Consistently inconsistent" is a good description. I was also mistaken about thinking I had a handle on the excess leakage. I have been on the new program 2 nights, and here is where I landed:

4/2/21
AHI 4.07
OA 0.15
CA 3.17
UA 0.30
H 0.45
LL 34.94% (ouch)
RERA 0
CSR 0

4/3/21
AHI 9.04 (MyAir sayd 8.0)
OA 0.13
CA 7.41
UA o.63
H 0.88
LL 28.36%
RERA 0
CSR 0
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, this was last night, using a Philips Respironics nasal mask, the one with the blue gel cushion. Second time I used it. Serious fail. But my question is whether the incredibly high Large Leak percentage of time over Resmed's leak redline (79.6%) affects the integrity of the rest of the data. I have read the "OSCAR leaks" article from the Wiki, and not really understanding it, but the one thing I can see from the OSCAR Mask Pressure graph is that the mask pressure is well below the 14.6 cm H2O it is supposed to be. That tells me the Airsense 10 Autoset in CPAP mode cannot keep up with the leaks from this mask, so I assume treatment is compromised. I see lot of Unclassified Apneas but about the usual ratio of Clear Airway to Obstuctive apneas. Is the 10.5 AHI suspect?

I am going back to the P10 nasal pillow mask from here on out.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
With that high of leak rate I'd suspect it may not be accurate. However this is somewhat similar to other past OSCAR charts.

Certainly I can agree the Respironics mask isn't a good choice for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was last night, back to the nasal pillow. I am at my daughter's house, and I realized too late that the night stand was too far away from the bed, and even slight movements in bed caused the hose to move and move the nasal pillow with it. I have moved the night stand closer in, and we'll see tomorrow if that makes a difference.  

AHI  12.53
OA 0.25
CA 9.14
UA 2.88
H 0.25
LL 36.07%
RERA 0
CSR 0

Obstructive events 2
Clear airway events 73
Unclassified events 23
Hypopnea events 2
Large leak events 104

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I can think of is sorry for the trainwreck. I'd tell the doc to stuff it, which is what I'm about to do for my own Apnea battle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.