Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well, that explains it!!
RE: Well, that explains it!!
Hope it gives you the results you need.

I have a slightly deviated septum and am hesitating. So many sinus issues. Looking forward to hearing how it works out. My nose hit the steering wheel many years ago! OOPS!Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Barbz!! I'll keep you posted. Ouch!! Hitting the steering wheel doesn't sound like fun!! Just like me slamming my nose into the slope of my parents pool!! I never realized the tweety birds flying around a character's head in the cartoons was a real thing. Not anymore!! I saw tweety birds that day!! Ugh!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Surgery was today and all went as planned! Everyone at the surgery center was top notch and took great care of me! Since I was intubated during the procedure my apnea wasn't an issue then and my anesthesiologist assured me I would be watched closely during recovery. But I wasn't in recovery long enough for problems anyway. I come out of anesthesia quickly, putting me under is the difficult part!

I haven't had as much pain as I had expected. Obviously, I'm not pain free but it's tolerable! So far, no bruising and only a slight amount of swelling on the right side of my nose. I can finally move around a little without blood pouring from my nose. I keep wanting to blow my nose but that a no-no until my follow-up next Wednesday. Also, remembering not to sniff is a challenge for someone who has had sinus and allergy issues since birth! The only weirdness is I have a numb area just behind my two upper front teeth.

I've slept off and on most of the day so I'm not really sleepy now. But so I don't completely screw up my sleep schedule, I'm going to take a pain pill and a Phenergan. I'm a little scared of using my CPAP but my doctor wants me to use it. I'll give it the old college try!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of luck on the surgery!

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.