Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Annoying Robocalls from DME provider.
Annoying Robocalls from DME provider.
I keep getting these poor quality robocalls from my DME asking for compliance information etc. I called back and got an operator and told her for them to stop these calls and check with my RT or my doctor. I have already given all the information to them.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/oh-jeez.gif
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Annoying Robocalls from DME provider.
Did the calls stop after you complained to the operator? I am sure if they haven't, your RT or doctor can take care of it unless there is some kind of contractual issue. What do you mean by poor quality calls?
Anyway, I am sure the insurance provider is tasking your DME to verify compliance. There should be a policy and on how they are to accomplish this and you should have been advised of that when they began providing service. If they are doing something wrong, tell them you are terminating their service and going to another DME.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 08:47 PM)Airstream Wrote: Did the calls stop after you complained to the operator? I am sure if they haven't, your RT or doctor can take care of it unless there is some kind of contractual issue. What do you mean by poor quality calls?
Anyway, I am sure the insurance provider is tasking your DME to verify compliance. There should be a policy and on how they are to accomplish this and you should have been advised of that when they began providing service. If they are doing something wrong, tell them you are terminating their service and going to another DME.

The calls are automated as in talking to a robot...press one for yes, press two for no if you are having any problems with the equipment. They did not even identify who they were and the call kept breaking up during questions. I just told the operator who was on duty to leave a message for them to contact my RT if they wanted any information as their robocall was of such poor quality I could barely understand the questions. No. I do not talk to robots. The company has my uploaded information. That is enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 11:30 PM)Lukie Wrote: The calls are automated as in talking to a robot...press one for yes, press two for no if you are having any problems with the equipment. They did not even identify who they were and the call kept breaking up during questions. I just told the operator who was on duty to leave a message for them to contact my RT if they wanted any information as their robocall was of such poor quality I could barely understand the questions. No. I do not talk to robots. The company has my uploaded information. That is enough.

If I had received that call, I would have hit the number "4" or any number other than "1" or "2" just to frustrate the system. Laugh-a-lot

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I miss the good ole days when blowing a whistle in the phone took care of things!
Post Reply Post Reply
LoL! I got a txt message congratulating me on reaching adherence and 'call for details' ... I assumed they meant I had reached compliance. I called for details they tell me it wasn't anything and they contracted out to a company that sent it and it just means they know I am being good. I asked if I had reached compliance or not and got vague answers. They said I needed to keep the wireless device for 90 days. I said I knew that and was initially told they would monitor me for 90 days to be sure the therapy was working but that they only needed 30 days compliance. I had already computed that should be in about 4 days from today. I had some good days in the first week with only 2 nights under by total 13 minutes for both nights. But I didn't count the good nights the first week to come up with my date. Only from the date when I began getting compliance every night. I kept pressuring for an answer if I was compliant or not and didn't get a straight answer. What I got was 'you are being a good girl and we will let you know when the wireless should be sent back in mid February'. I told them my 30 days should be close and I want to make sure that is correct. Still got beating around the bush about it and I told them I wanted an answer. Was told they needed a good 30 dsys compliance but they won't be reporting it until February after 90 days are up. I am annoyed by it. I don't care if they monitor me for 90 days for the therapy but I would like to know the compliance is done as early as possible so I can relax about it. The girl that handles billing and insurance is who I talked with and was IMO condescending. I don't like being talked down to.

I am traveling now with a time difference and flying through the night. Being texted I had reached adherence was one less thing to worry about. Then when I called they would not even say so or confirm that I was close. They haven't communicated with me on how often I can change masks eitner. I am in the air right now somewhere half way across the country. By the time I get to bed I will have been up 22+ hours. Wishing I was curled up in bed with CPAP right now. Daughter leaning on one shoulder and hubby on the other and I in between and tired Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I get a robo-call every 3 months asking me if I need supplies. It is a simple press 1 for yes and 2 for no. I can also go online and submit my request.

This beats all the other robo calls (especially from Rachel of card member services) that I get and don't answer. Caller ID is great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,268 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,068 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.