Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Annoying hum after dropping machine
Gross 
Annoying hum after dropping machine
Hi!

I'm new here. So I woke up early this morning to a crash, which was my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her machine hitting the floor. I've been using my machine for nearly six months now and have always slept with it as close to me as possible (on the night stand that I've moved against my bed. The machine's back faces me for the easiest position for the tube). I feel awful. My poor little machine! So I cleaned up the watery mess and turned it back on, but now when I exhale the machine hums. It's sooo annoying. I couldn't go back to sleep with it on so I did without. I'm going to call the local medical center where I got it from to see if they have any suggestions but I can't stand the constant noise from inhaling (nothing you can do) and NOW exhaling. It's like I'm blowing into a machine and causing the noise. It's awful. Help please!

By the way, I know my mask isn't an issue because I put my hand over the end of the hose that plugs into my mask and the machine made the humming noise as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Annoying hum after dropping machine
Welcome

Have you checked all the seals in the humidifier and inside the humidifier chamber to see if they are still in place?

[Image: A10%20tank%20seals.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch! Oops
Reminds me of a story I read in Jr. High.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_the_Bed_Fell

Best of luck with your machine repairs!

My machine is on a tea cart (wheels removed for solidity) with raised sides so its almost impossible to pull it off onto the floor.
Some folks even spring the cash for fancy CPAP furniture.
Your Mileage May Vary.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RebeccaJeanBean,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sorry to hear about your machine crash.
I would call the place where you got it and see what they have to say.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your suggestions, everyone. My machine has been replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,132 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  0 AHI, o2 still dropping. Tcp84 17 1,616 05-13-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Tcp84
  Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference? Albigensian 60 8,437 03-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Last Post: lightwolf1
  AHI dropping a bit since tweaking pressure: Phaleronic 1 529 01-12-2022, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Would increasing pressure help compensate for dropping oxygen ? DaveCar 10 1,174 01-09-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.