Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disassembling Resmed S9 humidfier portion, bug clean up
RE: Disassembling Resmed S9 humidfier portion, bug clean up
I will suggest you check Craigslist for people selling new or used CPAP equipment. It's a way to pick up a humidifier (H5i for your S9), or a complete unit. Just verify non-smoking household and look for fair pricing.

For your roach odor, go grab a small aerosol container of Ozium at an auto parts store or online. This stuff works well to fully deodorize and can work to disinfect. Don't spray it into the machine, but spray a cotton ball or piece of fabric, and place that near the inlet, and let the fumes be drawn through the machine. I have actually resolved smoking odor. If you plan to clean a circuitboard, then I would use alcohol or electric contact cleaner on a cloth.

The image of your roaches building snowmen out of Borax is dancing in my head.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you have a run of rapid heart beats - tachycardia - check your pulse per minute and the duration of the episode.
After documenting the rate, duration, and number of days over a week, talk with your regular doc. You may need to wear a 24 hour Holter monitor to get a day's recording to determine exactly what is happening.
An oximeter may be handy during an episode too.

Also, if you perceive a beat, beat, pause, whomp sensation, these may be premature ectopic beats. Having some can be normal for most. Some may find that MSG makes these worse (like me). Again, documenting the what, when, where stuff in writing tends to convince docs something is going on.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2017, 12:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I will suggest you check Craigslist for people selling new or used CPAP equipment. It's a way to pick up a humidifier (H5i for your S9), or a complete unit. Just verify non-smoking household and look for fair pricing.

For your roach odor, go grab a small aerosol container of Ozium at an auto parts store or online. This stuff works well to fully deodorize and can work to disinfect. Don't spray it into the machine, but spray a cotton ball or piece of fabric, and place that near the inlet, and let the fumes be drawn through the machine. I have actually resolved smoking odor. If you plan to clean a circuitboard, then I would use alcohol or electric contact cleaner on a cloth.

The image of your roaches building snowmen out of Borax is dancing in my head.
Last night I let the machine run for about 30-60 seconds without the mask on so it was full blast, and after wards put it on and I didn't smell anything so I think I may be on the road to recovery.
I swear the machine is making slightly different sounds. I'll to pay more attention to it. The only thing less than legit would be the humidifier part. I broke a hole in the bottom to try and get at that enclosure, and broke one of the pins so a corner doesnt clip down, but i cant see that as making sound, more like not covering perhaps where sound originated from.

(01-09-2017, 08:08 PM)Beej Wrote: When you have a run of rapid heart beats - tachycardia - check your pulse per minute and the duration of the episode.
After documenting the rate, duration, and number of days over a week, talk with your regular doc. You may need to wear a 24 hour Holter monitor to get a day's recording to determine exactly what is happening.
An oximeter may be handy during an episode too.

Also, if you perceive a beat, beat, pause, whomp sensation, these may be premature ectopic beats. Having some can be normal for most. Some may find that MSG makes these worse (like me). Again, documenting the what, when, where stuff in writing tends to convince docs something is going on.
Thats whats weird. I only experienced it the day after I had surgery so they thought it might be an issue with the anesthesia. Also it only occurred when I was in a reclined position. Regular Dr and ER confirmed with EKGs and what not all is fine. Coincidentally this is when I had off from work for holidays and noticed a bug run on my night stand. I found them around it behind the stand and some babies in the night stand. I took it apart and what not.I only found 1 or 2 that were medium sized, so Im thinking I caught this early. As evidenced in the machine, just little ones. The heart sensations also stopped once I stopped using the machine. And coincidentally restarting it on sat night I felt a few heart issues sunday and yesterday.
So last night I ran it for a minute first then put it on, no scent. So we'll see if today I don't experience any funny business.

One place said they could honor the old prescription and results but it would come out to about $600. I'm also waiting to hear from the original dr on my retaking the home test. They originally set me up for $300. So I'll play by ear now. if the machine is good, I wont go too crazy to get a replacement. I'll try to entertain used parts. Its a shame i cant find anyone because I have some experience with electronics and have no problem using a soldering iron (i cant desolder for crap though).
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a good way to “mask” the cockroach smell is to buy a small bottle of oils, where I live we can get something called breath easy and it’s a combo of peppermint, eucalyptus, and thyme oil. I put the open bottle near my inlet for the machine. By the filter. It helps with my sinus and smells good
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 451 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 919 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 726 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Self confessed CPAP hater trying CPAP again. How do you clean your CPAP? dorlow 10 1,040 03-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment? WWu777 24 3,740 03-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6
  [Equipment] How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean? LordHelmet 3 622 12-24-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LordHelmet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.