Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anomaly?
Anomaly?
With much appreciated guidance here, I found my sweet spot of constant 8.5. My AHIs are almost always in the 0s and 1s with an occasional 2 or 3. Sounds great, right? Then, as I was checking my SD card, I came across this (see attachment). Could this be an anomaly in the software? I also miscarried right around this date, but I doubt one had anything to do with the other. I'm hoping my DME doesn't see this and assume noncompliance. Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anomaly?
Hello Mrs Brando

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this anomaly was due to your miscarriage. Many years ago before having my two, I suffered a miscarriage too. I did not have apnea then but the pain was so intense for a huge long period and I must have gripped my airways in pain many times. So it could have been you were affected by the event and holding your breath.

Did you have many more such anomalies or was this the only one?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was the only one, but the thing is, that's not when my body expelled the baby, that's just when the baby died inside me, according to ultrasound. Now I'm wondering if my apnea went haywire that night, and that's what killed the baby.  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so sorry to read that.

Do you mind my asking at what stage did you miscarry, ie how many weeks/months were you at?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The baby died at 6 weeks, 6 days. It was a completely unexpected pregnancy, but we sure wanted it.
I always sleep on my side and get the awesome numbers. I wonder if I was on my back that night...could AHIs get that much worse from just position changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Obstructions are usually much worse with back sleeping. And the OSA/ hypopnea appears in clusters. Do you use a neck collar at all?

If not your numbers at mostly close to zero are awesome.

Have to say, I do not know about apneas and its impact on pregnancy. Heres hoping others might chime in to let us know of their experiences, if any

Post Reply Post Reply
My condolences. Your Sleep apnea didn't cause any problems. So don't think about that. To correct the hypopneas I think the idea of a Cervical Collar is a great idea.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Cervical collar? Like one of those foam things for whiplash?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but you want to get one that is soft and only about 2 to 3 inches wide. The purpose is to prevent your chin from dropping down and cutting off your airway. You mentioned your a side sleeper and it's a common thing that people do on their sides.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh. I have to jump through hoops to even sleep at night at all. First, I grind my teeth. To the point they are crumbling from it. I had a custom-made splint thing from the dentist, and my back teeth still found a way to grind down on each other. So now I'm back to using 2 stacked athletic mouth guards to keep my teeth from touching when I sleep. I also have a deviated septum, and my ENT said he could do surgery on it, but couldn't guarantee it would do any good. So I have to use nasal strips every night so I can breathe through my nose. And then a FFM to cover all of that stuff.
I'll add a collar too if it'll help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Devilbiss Anomaly lanecito 3 1,075 06-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  [Therapy Question] Anomaly need a quick look.. dracus 2 1,005 01-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dracus
  2nd time -- midday power anomaly justMongo 8 2,872 11-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Last Post: surferdude2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.