Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another Frustrated newbie
RE: [split] Another Frustrated newbie
Odd Healinhand, I've never dreamt much in my life. So I wonder if that will change once I start with CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2014, 09:00 AM)Visitor Wrote: Odd Healinhand, I've never dreamt much in my life. So I wonder if that will change once I start with CPAP.

You probably do dream, but simply don't remember it. Cpap for me didn't change my dreaming or not, but unless it's a really good quality dream my brain simply hits "delete" when I wake up.

Which reminds me: Last night I dreamed that my wife and I....... Oh, never mind. It's probably not all that interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, I should have stated that more carefully. I rarely *remember* dreams. I read that CPAP users tend to start dreaming more so I'm just curious whether that is the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
All these responses are right on!! I've felt lousy for years and I did my 100TH day last nite!! I'm myself again!! Dreaming and sleeping like-a big bear!!Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! Keep going!

You'll be an old pro before long.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I remembered no dreams for over 30 years before CPAP. Now I remember some!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2014, 01:12 PM)Ripandsnort Wrote: All these responses are right on!! I've felt lousy for years and I did my 100TH day last nite!! I'm myself again!! Dreaming and sleeping like-a big bear!!Bigwink
Hi Ripandsnort,
That's GREAT news, CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I too am a newbie. and claustrophobic, I have had my machine 6 nights now and surprisingly im not struggling as much as I thought I would, I still don't like it but its not the end of the world and last night was my first 4 hr sleep almost ever and already im noticing energy improvements !!!! . Best advice I can give for the claustrophobia is do not inhale deeply when you first put the mask on ( the tech in the sleep lab told me this bit of advice.) I also find it best for me to turn the machine on so its flowing before I put it on my face, holding it in front of my face but not closed over to adjust to the airflow then when I strap it on I find it less daunting.
I hope this helps you a little

coeur
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 02:56 AM)coeur Wrote: Hi I too am a newbie. and claustrophobic, I have had my machine 6 nights now and surprisingly im not struggling as much as I thought I would, I still don't like it but its not the end of the world and last night was my first 4 hr sleep almost ever and already im noticing energy improvements !!!! . Best advice I can give for the claustrophobia is do not inhale deeply when you first put the mask on ( the tech in the sleep lab told me this bit of advice.) I also find it best for me to turn the machine on so its flowing before I put it on my face, holding it in front of my face but not closed over to adjust to the airflow then when I strap it on I find it less daunting.
I hope this helps you a little

coeur
Hi Coeur, welcome to the forum! If the full face mask continues to be an issue for you I suggest you try one of the nice new models of pillows mask. Even if you have to use it with a chinstrap as I do to keep my mouth from opening too much it can provide you with a lot of freedom compared to a full mask. ...and that is even if you think as I did that your nose doesn't allow for you to breath adequately. That too is what I thought and I found that the pillows mask work to keep my nosie passages open and clear all night.

Welcome again, and keep in touch as to how you're doing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 804 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.