Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another Good Result - Night 3/Motivation increased for anyone?
Another Good Result - Night 3/Motivation increased for anyone?
Myair results for Night #3
9:04 usage hours
Good Mask Seal
0.1 events per hour
2 mask on/off
Score: 99

I am feeling good about these results but physically I don't feel a lot different - I have a busy time of - taking classes toward my Bachelor degree (late, late late in life student) and working full-time doesn't leave a whole lot of energy leftover - social life or housekeeping. I would like to be more diligent with my housework - being able to do a chore here and there over the course of the week instead of leaving it til the weekend - so I would have to say is that if I experience an increase in motivation and tend to procrastinate less when it comes to my coursework - I will be on top of the world. I figure that will take some time.

Has anyone noticed that their motivation was improved w/treatement?

. I also am participating in a 21 Day New Year Fast (only beverage is water; food is restrictred to fresh fruit and vegetables) today is Day 12 for the fast - so I wonder once the fast is over and I go back to drinking coffee/having an occasional glass (or bottle - lol) of wine will impact the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another Good Result - Night 3/Motivation increased for anyone?
(01-16-2015, 10:14 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Myair results for Night #3
9:04 usage hours
Good Mask Seal
0.1 events per hour
2 mask on/off
Score: 99

I am feeling good about these results but physically I don't feel a lot different - I have a busy time of - taking classes toward my Bachelor degree (late, late late in life student) and working full-time doesn't leave a whole lot of energy leftover - social life or housekeeping. I would like to be more diligent with my housework - being able to do a chore here and there over the course of the week instead of leaving it til the weekend - so I would have to say is that if I experience an increase in motivation and tend to procrastinate less when it comes to my coursework - I will be on top of the world. I figure that will take some time.

Has anyone noticed that their motivation was improved w/treatement?

. I also am participating in a 21 Day New Year Fast (only beverage is water; food is restrictred to fresh fruit and vegetables) today is Day 12 for the fast - so I wonder once the fast is over and I go back to drinking coffee/having an occasional glass (or bottle - lol) of wine will impact the results.
Wow your doing real good! I Think your motivation will increase with time, if I could I'd toast a glass of wine with you! good job keep up the good work , your doing just fine Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Overlooking a major change in diet as a contributor to how you feel might be a mistake. I'm sure that will produce some benefits for you, but it can change your energy level as well. There's just no way to start two big lifestyle changes at the same time, then assign particular cause to an effect. It is possible to have excellent AHI results, and still have sleep disturbances from mask leaks, flow limitations and what some machines track as RERA (Respiratory Event Related Arousals).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]
Wow your doing real good! I Think your motivation will increase with time, if I could I'd toast a glass of wine with you! good job keep up the good work , your doing just fine Smile
[/quote]

Thank you - I appreciate that - and I do plan on toasting when the time comes! I have a follow up dr. appt. on 2/19. I look forward to having these results continue and having some good data for him to see. I have insurance compliance requirements - I have to show that I'm using the machine for 21 consecutive days for four or more hours per day. The hours per day do not have to be consecutive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2015, 04:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Overlooking a major change in diet as a contributor to how you feel might be a mistake. I'm sure that will produce some benefits for you, but it can change your energy level as well. There's just no way to start two big lifestyle changes at the same time, then assign particular cause to an effect. It is possible to have excellent AHI results, and still have sleep disturbances from mask leaks, flow limitations and what some machines track as RERA (Respiratory Event Related Arousals).

This is true - but this is my fourth year participating in this fast so I know how it affects me. You are right though - its two major changes (I tend to do that - jump all the way in or not at all) and it will be awhile anyway I think until I can definitively say how the machine is helping me.
Post Reply Post Reply
just so you know, you can wear your mask for hours reading or watching TV and you'll game your way to compliance. But, if you want real results, of course you'll want to get sleep. just get used to it however you can.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 74 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 196 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 141 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 378 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 134 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,264 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.