Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another Help with Oscar data
Another Help with Oscar data
Hi everyone - I am brand new to this crazy world of sleep breathing issues.  I did my overnight titration study and was given a Dreamstation CPAP set at 11.  Needless to say, for the first two weeks, my AHI was ~ 20.  I have been reading and playing around and last night set it to APAP with 12 - 16 and my number are probably the best so far, but I am pretty sure I can get them better (or hope).  I do have a fair amount of periodic breathing and have another overnight coming up (am guessing an ASV), but until then, I am trying to get the best sleep/feeling refreshed that I can.

I should also say that I did start wearing a soft collar and had it on last night, so the cluster of obstructives I am guessing are not positional.

If I am missing anything, please let me know and I will try to add/correct.

Thank you all in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another Help with Oscar data
I think they are positional. You may not have the correct height of a Collar or it is not adjusted Correctly. Give it another shot tonight.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Agree that it is positional. Many manage to tuck the chin under the collar, you?

Why do you think the upcoming study is ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your apnea, hypopnea, RERA all point to obstructive apnea, not central. What collar and size did you get? It appears you are still managing to tuck your chin and obstruct the airway. That is a very prominent cluster between 20:40 and 21:30, then fairly decent the rest of the night. The Philips Dreamstation auto is simply falling on its face failing to respond to your particular problem and barely changes pressure. If you're looking to improve therapy and swap a machine, then ask for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. It will clear up the flow limits and disrupted sleep, because it is the only CPAP to provide true bilevel pressure with up to 3-cm of pressure support (EPR). It might be interesting to zoom into a periodic breathing section at a 3-minute zoom level to see if that is arising out of flow limitation. The Organize Your Oscar Chart wiki in my signature has information on how to do a zoomed screenshot.

I'm pretty convinced your SCC is allowing your chin to drop or pressuring your throat. How many pillows are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone.  I have been using the Caldera collar and from what I can tell, it is on correctly.  I am going to try several other collars after reading some different threads this morning.

Last night was very similar and have attached a screenshot of the night as well as one of my periodic breathing.

As far as pillows, I only use one and am predominately a side-sleeper.  I can try and arrange more/less pillows if you think that would work.

I am going to look into another machine, but for the time being am kind of stuck with the one that I have.

Any advice, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would like you to turn Flex off and see if that helps.
This latest zoom looks like CO2-induced breathing initiated by CPAP use, turning flex off should help. Simply put your CPAP has improved your breathing and at times you are expelling just a little too much CO2 which is driving that pattern.

Do pot a redacted copy of your sleep studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply!

The Flex is off - when I had started, it was set to on and my Centrals/Periodic breathing was much worse.

Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of my sleep study.  I have been trying to get it and the office that I was basically forced to go to because of my insurance has been evasive in giving it to me.

I don't know if worth mentioning, but due to my Deep Brain Stimulator, I was told that a a lot of the data captured during the study would be worthless.  From my own research, I have found that information hit/miss.  The DBS will affect EEG reading as well as potentially affect REM reading.

I have my next titration study this coming Friday.  I am just trying to get some decent rest/feel decent through the day but for the month I have been using the machine, I don't feel any different.  Also, the periodic breathing (up to 30%) is concerning.  I have been averaging 10% according to the Oscar data for the last week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah they don't want to give you your requested copy of the sleep study? OK tell them HIPAA grants you that request.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be asking again - my frustration with this office is off the charts - they are not professional, rude, etc.  Unfortunately, it is what I have access to.

Once I get the information, I will add to this post.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 7 30 minutes ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 64 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.