Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another New User to Oscar
Another New User to Oscar
Hello All:

I first started using a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset back in 2015 as a result of a home sleep study (26 stops per hr).  I was given very little guidance by the supplier and almost no guidance by my Pulmonologist.  After using the machine for several years I basically gave up as I could not sleep at all while using it.  Recently, I did a sleep study and it again showed I was stopping 26 times per hour.   Last night I hooked up the Resmed again and was able to use it for 4 hours before my head was ready to explode.  

I know my AHI is still too high and suspect that my mask was leaking too much.  I've tried a half dozen masks with poor success.   My top pressure was set at 12 and tonight I'm going to cut it back to 10 to see if that helps the leaking.

I've attached my results from last night.  Any guidance or recommendations that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another New User to Oscar
Yes, you need to fix the leaks.

But many of your apnea is positional apnea, I believe. Positional apnea is when your body gets into a position where you are cutting off your own airway and no Cpap can help this. You must find a way to stay out of that position.

It is also known as chin tucking where your chin drops down to your sternum cutting off your airway. Sometimes it can be because of sleeping on your back or sleeping on to high of pillows.

If you can’t stop it by simply changing sleep position then you will need a collar. I have a link to collars in my signature. Please take a look at at.

You can see positional apnea by looking at your Oa and H events. When they are closely grouped together it is positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another New User to Oscar
Thanks.  I'll trying sleeping on a flatter surface.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 716 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.