Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Care Orchestrator
Care Orchestrator
Ok - So as background I have just had my old machine replaced by Philips due to it being one of those affected by the recall.  

Using my machine is a big struggle for me - I go to sleep with the mask on OK, however will wake during the night with insomnia, and can't get back to sleep again unless I take the mask off.  It's become a bit of a mental thing with me I'm guessing... and I'm not sure what the solution is, however to get to the point.

My wife is a light sleeper, and my new machine seems to be set so that there is no auto-off. When I take the mask off, the machine is not turning off, and the air gushing out of the mask is waking her.. she wakes me.. I put the mask on again, and we go around in circles.

Googling seems to indicate that it is only a clinician who can change the settings - but I don't have a current clinician. Seems you need access to Care Orchestrator to be able to change this setting (how moronic!!)

Again - a google search doesn't seem to indicate a version of this anywhere. So does anybody know if there IS a version available, or there are other ways to get the auto off to work?  Worked fine on my last machine - this seems to be a step backwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Care Orchestrator
To get access to Care Orchestrator requires you be a doctor or a clinic member and all that that entails. Seriously Phillips doesn't think you are smart enough to be trusted with such critical settings. It is part of their plan to monetize your data. To force your doctor to subscribe to their Care Orchestrator product so they, your doctor, can utilize his years of medical training to turn a comfort or convenience setting on. At least that's the case if you have a DS2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,239 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.