Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
RE: Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
I had been hopeful when one of the OSCAR team members here invited me, in this thread back in November , to upload a copy of my SD card contents to his Dropbox for examination. There was never any guarantee that anything helpful would be found, but I really am very disappointed never to have heard a thing back from him, despite asking again later in this thread. At the very least, he could have posted to say 'Sorry I haven't had time' or 'nope didn't find anything'. It makes me wonder why the invitation was made.  Huh

However

I have now found a useable workaround allowing me to upload the data from the night before, rather than having to wait until the following day. It's a bit irritating but it works. 

It appears that what OSCAR cannot find is the 'last session'. 

So when I wake & switch off the CPAP, if I leave it a short time & then switch it back on for a minute or two (with my mask still on) another 'session' is created. 

A short meaningless one, because I am awake. 

However when I upload the data from the SD card to OSCAR it is only the 'meaningless' session that it fails to retrieve. So I get the data for the night just gone (even if I transfer the data just moments after creating the 'meaningless' session).

The following day OSCAR will pick up the 'meaningless' session, but this can be unticked in OSCAR so it doesn't show. 

I hope this might help anyone else looking in who finds they have a similar issue with their Devilbiss DV64 & OSCAR 1.4.0.

I am left in no doubt that the data is there on the SD card, that it is not a CPAP clock issue, nor an international time difference issue, & given that it was not an issue in the previous version of OSCAR that it is a bug in in OSCAR 1.4.0 as I had originally suspected.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2023, 06:54 PM)Cuppa Wrote: So when I wake & switch off the CPAP, if I leave it a short time & then switch it back on for a minute or two (with my mask still on) another 'session' is created. 

Have you checked the Time/Date stamps on the SD card files before and after you try the workaround? In Finder "view as list" should give you all the stamps for each file in one window.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2023, 10:08 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Have you checked the Time/Date stamps on the SD card files before and after you try the workaround?  In Finder "view as list" should give you all the stamps for each file in one window.

Ta, I had a look just now. Not before & after (I'll do that tomorrow if I remember when I wake up) 

To be honest I'm not at all sure what the dates I'm looking at relate to. 

I'm guessing the 7th Dec might be when I set up a new SD card after a suggestion here that the old one might be corrupt (It didn't change anything). 

The data uploaded to OSCAR (this morning) says recording began at 20.23 last night. The time on the CPAP machine is the same as on my computer. 
There are several 'date stamps' for 8.15 & 8.16pm from last night. There are also several for 3.29am which corresponds to me getting up to go to the bathroom.
I have no idea what the 10:38pm yesterday ones are about. I was asleep then. (There is nothing of note from that time in any of the data waveforms etc)

There are no date stamps for my 'workaround' session' this morning (& of course no workaround session shown in OSCAR. (4th Jan.png_I am confident however it will show up there tomorrow when I upload). 

This morning when I uploaded my data to OSCAR the workaround session from the previous morning was added to OSCAR  as can be seen in the screenshot 3rd Jan.png

My guess is that if I manage to look at the timestamps tomorrow morning before uploading to OSCAR is that there may be one (or more) corresponding to the time of my 'workaround session' this morning, & that it will be added to OSCAR when I upload as occurred this morning.  If so I'm not sure if it actually tells me something I don't already know, although perhaps it makes it a machine issue rather than an OSCAR issue? But why/how would/could a machine store 'last session' data but not include it on the SD card (particularly when it had never done so before in over 5 years use? (And a friend's identical but newer machine does the same). 

IF the normal default behaviour is for a file on the SD card with yesterdays or todays time stamp is to remain only until it is overwritten by the it's 'replacement the following day, it still doesn't seem logical (to me) that the other files from this morning's upload are there but the last session isn't. So maybe somehow that 'last' workaround session from this morning will not show on the SD card tomorrow, but somehow will still find it's way into OSCAR. Is that even possible???  (A hidden last session file? Is there a way for me to see such a hidden file if it is there?)

Please let me know what you make of this even if it makes no sense to you too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to see if the machine is delaying writing.

Looking at the first screenshot, You started therapy 20:15 and ended at 03:29 when you got up to use the bathroom. Did you got back and start anohter session when you were done, or was that the time you got out of bed for the day? And are those times correct (20:15 and 03:29)?

I can only speculate but possibly there was an OTA firmware update around the same time you updated OSCAR and started using a new card. I know nothing about the DV machines so it's just a guess based on what seems to be happening. It might explain the delay in wrting the final part of the session.

Would need to see the Finder info for tomorrow for the before and after. Also the OSCAR statistics page as you did in the previous post.
Trying to confirm or rule out the machine being a probem, and/or why it's behaving this way suddenly.

I'm not sure what happened to your original SD card upload to DropBox, if it made it thru or not. If you want to try again send it to Gideon's DropBox here with your screen name as the file name: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

Your time zone is which at your locale? Im at UTC -5, I think you might be UTC +8 to UTC +10 looking at a TZ map.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff
The 20:15 is probably correct, certainly close. OSCAR said 20:23. 
03:29 similar - OSCAR says 03:32
I went back to bed & started another session which OSCAR got & says ran from 03:35 to 06:06. 

Full night including bathroom break)

I can say with certainty that it has not had any OTA firmware update. Attempts when I first bought the machine to connect it to the 'net were unsuccessful, from memory it wasn't possible because I wasn't in the USA. Bluetooth is turned off & it does not have access to the wifi here. I'm surprised to hear of a firmware update given that Devilbiss had ceased production/sales of these machines at the end of 2021. I'm not sure when OSCAR 1.4.0 was released, but I didn't update to it until mid November '22. 

I have sent a copy of my SD Card to the dropbox as per your post. It is the same copy as that I took the screenshot of the timestamps in my previous post.
Folder renamed from DV64 to Cuppa.
Time zone here is UTC +10

I'll be back in touch tomorrow with more info hopefully 

Regards
Cuppa

EDIT: In case it helps, the following from the DV64 Machine.    Firmware Version V023RN20160118.  BIOS Version V014BL20150630
Post Reply Post Reply
After thinking about your problem, I was wondering if you tried setting the DV6 to UTC or even UTC-10 to see if this problem still occurs. My thought is based on the premise that your model was obtained from North America and its firmware only works with a minus timezone.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2023, 11:10 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: After thinking about your problem, I was wondering if you tried setting the DV6 to UTC or even UTC-10 to see if this problem still occurs.  My thought is based on the premise that your model was obtained from North America and its firmware only works with a minus timezone.

- Red

Morning Red,
There is no time zone setting on the machine. Only 'Current Time' & 12 or 24 hour clock.  
There was never a problem until recently. Machine has been in use for over 5 years. 

Cuppa
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning Jeff, I have quoted my post from last night so all is in the same place. 

(01-05-2023, 05:39 AM)Cuppa Wrote: Thanks Jeff
The 20:15 is probably correct, certainly close. OSCAR said 20:23. 
03:29 similar - OSCAR says 03:32
I went back to bed & started another session which OSCAR got & says ran from 03:35 to 06:06. 

Full night including bathroom break)

I can say with certainty that it has not had any OTA firmware update. Attempts when I first bought the machine to connect it to the 'net were unsuccessful, from memory it wasn't possible because I wasn't in the USA. Bluetooth is turned off & it does not have access to the wifi here. I'm surprised to hear of a firmware update given that Devilbiss had ceased production/sales of these machines at the end of 2021. I'm not sure when OSCAR 1.4.0 was released, but I didn't update to it until mid November '22. 

I have sent a copy of my SD Card to the dropbox as per your post. It is the same copy as that I took the screenshot of the timestamps in my previous post.
Folder renamed from DV64 to Cuppa.
Time zone here is UTC +10

I'll be back in touch tomorrow with more info hopefully 

Regards
Cuppa

EDIT: In case it helps, the following from the DV64 Machine.    Firmware Version V023RN20160118.  BIOS Version V014BL20150630

I'm not sure what you will make of this but here goes:

First up this is what I did:
NOTE. Times were taken on the CPAP machines screen. They correspond with what is on my phone & laptop. 
Commenced last nights(5/1/23) session at 21.39 
Woke  -> Switched off CPAP at 05.58-> Removed SD card & took a 'timestamp screenshot' of it's contents
-> Replaced SD card in CPAP at 06.07 for a 'workaround session' -> Switched CPAP off at 
-> Removed SD card from CPAP & took another 'timestamp screenshot' of it's contents. 

Both 'Timestamp' screenshots are in the pic below.  

After this I uploaded my data to OSCAR. As expected it 'found' the workaround session from the 4/1/23 (done on morning of 5/1/23) , but not the one just done this morning (6/1/23).  

NOTE. The first very brief session (44 seconds) shown on the night of 5/1/23  - Session 1672917962 can be ignored - my fault - a false start. Rolleyes)

You will note that there is a discrepancy between the session start & finish times that are recorded in OSCAR & the times I took from the clock on the CPAP machine (above in bold). Differences of up to around 12 minutes. Whilst that makes no sense whatsoever to me I believe the session durations to be correct. (Including the 'workaround one on 5/1/23 -Session #1672863022). 

I will look forward to reading what you are able (or not able) to make of all this. If you need any additional info please ask. 

Oh yes, when I uploaded my SD card to the dropbox last night I received an email confirmation I had done so. Didn't get that previously, but I think the difference was that this time I had signed into my Dropbox account. This one went to the 'Fred Bonjour' account. Previously it was sent to a different dropbox account.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what is happening with the time stamps on the SD card. You mentioned you started the machine at 21:39 but the Finder screenshot for "before" shows 19:39 for the earlier time. Possibly an anomaly in Finder...
But it seems that OSCAR is reporting the correct time frame (or at least close to it).

Lets try something different. Before you do the workaround try importing the data into OSCAR from the SD card, then close OSCAR. Attach a copy of debug.txt which can be found in ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data/logs/
If you need to redact any personal info make a copy first and edit the copy of debug.txt. Then attach it to a post (similar to attaching a screenshot, but you would only need to attach it and not insert it into the post). It may shed some light on whats happening.

FYI - the upload to DropBox the second time made it
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff. Will have to wait 24 hours before I try as you’ve suggested. Monsoon rain here saw our satellite internet cut off most of yesterday & through the night. Just read your post after this mornings workaround.

EDIT: For clarification. Can you confirm that the file I should attach will be the most recent one just called debug.txt. Asking 'cos when I just went looking for the location there are several debug.txt files as per screenshot below.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 218 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.