Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
RE: Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist.
It will be the file"debug.txt".  The numbered ones are from previous sessions.  The current "debug.txt" will be named "debug.0.txt" the next time you start OSCAR.  This provides the 5 last session's debug files.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2023, 04:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It will be the file"debug.txt".  The numbered ones are from previous sessions.  The current "debug.txt" will be named "debug.0.txt" the next time you start OSCAR.  This provides the 5 last session's debug files.

- Red

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Jeff.

Please find attached the debug.txt file for last night (7/1/23)

I had two 'sessions' during the night, having had a bathroom visit. As expected when uploading to OSCAR prior to a workaround session this morning only the first of those two sessions was found. (Along with the yesterday morning's brief 'workaround' session) The debug.txt file was copied at that time, before a 'workaround' session as you requested. 

I have selected the debug.txt file & added as an attachment without 'insert into post' - I hope that has worked (please confirm). EDIT: I can see the attachment there after posting.

Since then I have completed this morning's workaround session & uploaded to OSCAR again. As expected the second session from last night showed up in OSCAR this time (but not this morning's 'workaround' session). 

I understand that this morning's second (post 'workaround') upload will have created a new debug.txt file, but just in case the attachment to this post hasn't worked I have saved a copy of that pre workaround debug.txt file in a separate location. 

There are slight time anomalies again, although I don't think they are of concern. ie. The end of last night's first session was at 03:47 but OSCAR has it as 03:35. (12 minutes difference) . This mornings 'workaround' session also showed a 12 minute difference to what I read on the CPAP clock.  These small time differences although unexplainable do seem to be consistent each night. 

Cuppa

Attached Files
.txt   debug.txt (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 1)
Post Reply Post Reply
The file was attached just fine.

Unless I'm reading the debug.txt wrong, the last session data OSCAR found was this one (note: the dates are mm/dd/yyyy):

Code:
20289: Debug: U.BIN Session "01/07/2023 21:13:36" 1673090016 to "01/08/2023 03:35:53" 1673112953

which was your first session only. Which still leads me to believe that your machine is, for some reason, not writing the second session to the SD card until you start the machine again.

It also doesn't explain the discrepancy in the time on the display of your xPAP machine. Not sure why the display would show a 12 minute difference compared to the file it wrote to.

The one last test I would try would be to create a new profile in OSCAR and import the SD card into the new profile before any workaround. See what happens with that import.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff,  at least it supports what I have been finding! 

It's the 'for some reason' bit which is the mystery if that is what is happening, 'muddied' by two facts. 
1. It did not occur prior to my updating to OSCAR 1.4.0  
2.My friend's identical but newer machine does the same thing. He hasn't tried my 'workaround' but does have the same 'delay'. (But hadn't tried a pre 1.4.0 version of OSCAR so unable to confirm that it only started happening with 1.4.0). 

So ..... with creating a new profile, is this just a matter of clicking on 'New Profile' on the profile page of OSCAR?  Does it leave the currently existing  profile unchanged, or does it replace it? I'm seeking reassurance that I wont lose my historical data by creating the new profile before I do it. 

I'd also like to understand what the purpose might be to try creating a new profile. 
My guess is that whilst as you say the debug.txt suggests the machine may not be writing the last session to the SD card until I have run another session,  that the purpose of creating a new profile is about trying to check that it is not an OSCAR 'reading' issue? 

If that is correct then I imagine it will be a case of either the 'new profile' will rectify the issue or it wont. 
If it does rectify it, it  will show that there had been an issue on the OSCAR side of things, but if it doesn't rectify it the mystery as to the cause will remain unknown, potentially either a machine or an OSCAR issue. 

Does that sound about right?  

Cuppa
Post Reply Post Reply
The idea of the new profile is to see if anything may have gone wrong when you upgraded, maybe got corrupted. It's not likely but it never hurts to rule it out. Being that your friend started with 1.4.0 and has the same issue it likely will not make any difference, just something I would check to help troubleshoot.

Creating a new profile, you can just click on the "New Profile" button when you are in the Profile tab. Give the profile a different name like "TestCuppa" or something similar, as long as it's not the same name as your current profile. It won't affect your current data.
But you can always make a backup of OSCAR_Data as a safety measure, it's never a bad idea to have backups. Or if you use Time Machine regularly you have the backups there also.

You can always delete the test profile afterwards.

I noticed something in your debug file. It shows "OSCAR 2.app" in your Applications folder. Do you have multiple copies of OSCAR installed?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2023, 06:51 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: The idea of the new profile is to see if anything may have gone wrong when you upgraded, maybe got corrupted.  It's not likely but it never hurts to rule it out.  Being that your friend started with 1.4.0 and has the same issue it likely will not make any difference, just something I would check to help troubleshoot.

Creating a new profile, you can just click on the "New Profile" button when you are in the Profile tab.  Give the profile a different name like "TestCuppa" or something similar, as long as it's not the same name as your current profile.  It won't affect your current data.
But you can always make a backup of OSCAR_Data as a safety measure, it's never a bad idea to have backups.  Or if you use Time Machine regularly you have the backups there also.

You can always delete the test profile afterwards.

I noticed something in your debug file.  It shows "OSCAR 2.app" in your Applications folder.  Do you have multiple copies of OSCAR installed?

Thanks Jeff. 

Well picked on the 'OSCAR 2'. When I installed it I was 'being cautious'  & rather than overwrite the previous version I re-named it OSCAR 1 & saved it in a different location, & then re-named the the 1.4.0 version to OSCAR 2 to prevent me from getting confused between the two. Rolleyes 
I have since deleted the old version. 

Can you remind me what the default installation calls it? (just OSCAR.app?). And would it do any harm to re-name it to the default name before creating a new profile?  

Is there any possibility that the re-naming has anything to do with the 'delay' issue. I can't see why it would, but if it was it could make a self inflicted issue easy to remedy. 

I have a bit on right now, but will report back once I have created the new profile. May not be today. 

Thanks again, your help is very much appreciated whether or not we get to the bottom of it all. 

Cuppa
Post Reply Post Reply
The default install is just "OSCAR.app". I would suggest just leaving the name alone for now. It's best not to change multiple things when your trying to work out a problem.
At the moment I can't say with 100% certainty that it would not be a problem, but I will test it in a VM to see what happens. I'm thinking it may require manual editing of one of the preference files but I would rather check first.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Cuppa,

I found an interesting specification for the DV64 and the DV63

For the visually impaired:
Quote:NOTE: The SD card must be a minimum of 128MB and a maximum of
2GB in size and formatted to FAT16.

This was from 2018.  I think you machine is a little older than that.

Do you know what size your new SD card is, and what it is formatted as?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2023, 04:48 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Cuppa,

I found an interesting specification for the DV64 and the DV63

For the visually impaired:

This was from 2018.  I think you machine is a little older than that.

Do you know what size your new SD card is, and what it is formatted as?

I checked. My card is a 32Gb but formatted to FAT32. Disk Utilities only offers me MS DOS (FAT) or ExFAT. No mention of  FAT 16 or 32.
I do still have the original SD Card supplied with the machine. 2GB. It is formatted to FAT 16.

I thought you may have hit on something until I realised that the reason I switched SD cards was due to the suggestion the original card was might be corrupted ie. The same 'delay' issue existed on the original 2Gb FAT 16 card as on the current one. I think the original card is ok.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 51 1 hour ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 655 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuartC
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 87 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 102 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 61 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.