Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another new user
Another new user
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and thought I would say, "Hi". I am also new to CPAP. I received my diagnosis and prescription a week ago, quickly found this forum, and began researching equipment features and reviews before receiving my equipment.

I picked up my new ResMed S9 Autoset with Humidifier and ClimateLine yesterday, and last night was my first use. I can already tell I this is going to be very helpful!

Since finding this forum, I have:
* Taken the forum survey.
* Checked out the Apnea Board Wiki.
* Downloaded the ResScan software.
* Downloaded the S9 Clinician manual.
* Forwarded the forum link to my Dad (a ten year CPAP user).
* Read several posts and reviews.

Thank you for all the great posts and friendly community!
Matt
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another new user
Hi Fest911 and Welcome to the forum, WOW you have been busy, I am glad you did so good on your first night and glad you find the forum to be helpful
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2012, 06:37 PM)Fest911 Wrote: I picked up my new ResMed S9 Autoset with Humidifier and ClimateLine yesterday, and last night was my first use.
welcome to the forum Matt
congrats on your new Autoset ... its an awesome machine
Its all about the mask... finding the right mask is the key to PAP therapy
here is the link to Resscan report interpretation guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, Thank you! I have been all over this forum and somehow missed that particular document. This is fantastic.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Matt. Wow, what a great fast start you've had to getting an Autoset from the get-go, downloading ResScan, etc. after just having been diagnosed. Many of us have had to go through more challenges (sometimes a lot more) to get cooperation from the doc and/or the DME to get to where you're starting off!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Matt.
You are very luck there are so many horrible stories on this site & yours has been the best start I have ever read about.
It just goes to show how things should go with doctor & DME.

Also the fact that you started finding Apnea information so soon & finding Apneaboard forum.
There is a tun of great information here as well as very knowledgeable people who love to help.

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fest911 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
It is great to hear that you have taken such an interest in your therapy, it will go a long way , as you have discovered already.
CONGRATULATIONS! on getting an S9 AutoSet.
CONTINUED SUCCESS,!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, thank you all for your welcome comments!Coffee

I assumed my start was the norm, but it sounds like I should be thankful for such a good beginning. I wanted to get as much information as possible so I could be an active part of the therapy, rather than having it pushed on me. Being well informed is the best way enter any new situation, and that's pretty much what I was going for. Special thanks to this forum and its helpful members for making that possible!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2012, 06:49 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 06:37 PM)Fest911 Wrote: I picked up my new ResMed S9 Autoset with Humidifier and ClimateLine yesterday, and last night was my first use.
welcome to the forum Matt
congrats on your new Autoset ... its an awesome machine

I'll say. The one I have on loan is an S8 version but it's still pretty cool. As I said earlier, it's offering up a pressure reading higher than what the "professionals" rated. Again the reason I questioned them is that I had trouble breathing even before falling asleep. Apparently it was never noted and I have no idea what else was..... never noted.
Although it can't fit an SD card and I don't know how much data it will keep - I'll keep daily notes.
Best wishes, Matt.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,105 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,137 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.