Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another newbie with setup questions
RE: Another newbie with setup questions
No special CPAP pillows, but I use buckwheat hull pillows that you can kind of mold/shape and they can stay that way in pretty much any shape you choose. Cooler too since they don't trap heat like down, feathers, or even the Tempur foam pillows I used to use.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a pillow that is dipped in the center from one to the other; hard to describe, but it has a small "bump" (think "rolled towel" for the neck, lower area for the where the head rests and a larger "bump" where the top of the head ends.

My APAP is on my bedside table and is about 3" from the mattress - it can not be pulled off because it sits about 4" below the mattress top.

I have tried routing the hose down towards my body, using a clip on my PJs and that just didn't work for me. My headgear has a nice little clip on the top for the hose which really helps; I then route the hose over the headboard and over to the APAP - works for me!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do not sit the machine on the floor near where the dog sleeps. If you have a dog. Especially if it is the least bit flatulent.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 05:46 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Do not sit the machine on the floor near where the dog sleeps. If you have a dog. Especially if it is the least bit flatulent.

OMM

Wise Move!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a soft cotton filled pillow. I find it works best for me, but YMMV. I tried the cpap pillow and it was an epic fail. I actually had more and worse leaks with it than without. I use the cpap hose hanger that tucks between the mattress and box spring and routes the hose over you. It works well for me, but then again YMMV. Best of luck on your cpap journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all of your suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 7 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 384 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.