Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another small rant.
RE: Another small rant.
Not my intent at all Redbeard. I make plenty of typos and don't claim perfection. It just seemed that you had your machine all planned out, but it seems you ordered a cart of apples and oranges. The outcome was the DME's best attempt to meet your request. My post was not intended as an insult, but to help you understand why things perhaps turned out different from your expectations.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 10:54 PM)Capt.Redbeard Wrote: Sleeprider; At this point I expect anything I would write would be met with editing skills which would be better applied to the NYT fact file rather than a none-medical help site. Hope you are proud of yourself.

You are being smarmy with the person who has the potential (and the willingness) to help you the most.  Simply pointing out that there are many different machines that only vary by one word or letter, but are very different.  I also understand how being deprived of sleep can cause a horrible attitude and outlook.  Here's to hoping that can change upon feeling better!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Mark71. Sleeprider volunteers his time here to help everyone and it's never a good idea to "bite the hand that feeds you." He was pointing out that you may have caused the confusion yourself at the office by giving your technician the wrong model numbers. Nothing wrong with that. Hopefully we can all put that behind us now and you can get the help you need to set up this machine correctly to get you the best results possible. Sleeprider would be one of the ones on this board that will be intrinsic to that process.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Mark. I have to admit that I was being a bit sarcastic, but only in response to the way Sleeprider jumped on my writing of the machines in question. 
To be specific; It was the PR System One Remstar 60 Auto with Bluetooth that I had specifically asked for. It is an older unit but is widely available and always on the highly recommended lists. What I ended up with was the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Set. 
My rush to post in the field, without the exact information, was,perhaps, ill advised.
It might have been a better approach to ask me to be more exact.  
In my business I don't concern myself when people in casual conversation miss quote....ah...chapter and verse let's say. 

Sleeprider: There are many learning experiences in this thread. One is to either be precise and specific in ones posts....or to be extremely vague.  That is my mine.
                 Secondly is to be more diplomatic or should I say forgiving in our replies. Finally, that we are here to learn from others experiences, not to be taught a                  lesson or be the subject of one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lets move forward.
You got a great machine that will allow you to optimize performance because of its data capabilities. Congrats! Now, with a positive attitude and a little time and patience, you will be on your way to feeling better!
Best of luck to you!
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
We know that neither of you intended anything malicious towards one another.

Word to the wise:  Let's try to drop the issue and don't make a big deal out of a simple misunderstanding (and get back to the topic-at-hand).  

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Red. I took your post literally. No slight intended. FWIW I think you got the best machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider. No offense taken and none given.  I agree, I think I got the better end of the deal. 

Hey Mark.  You have a great day as well. Believe me, I feel just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks bud!
Post Reply Post Reply
Back on track! Phew!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 700 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,697 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 2,009 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
Question [CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank GuitarRebel 24 5,085 08-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Man, I hate leaks...even small ones David Clark 9 1,122 07-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Rant about insurance, sleep study, and costs Stuff 8 1,180 06-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Small tweaks can lead to significant changes. nathanoj 0 466 06-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: nathanoj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.