Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anti-bacterial filter Bacterial/viral filter
RE: Anti-bacterial filter Bacterial/viral filter
Yes I do, but there is only a rough filter in it and not a fine one.
I have the manual and they made sure I knew all this before they let me out of the Sleep Clinic with it.
Ok, in the video he replaced the one that came with the machine with a finer one, but looking at the filter he took out, the one I have looks a lot more open Rolleyes  Has ResMeds standards slipped, or has it been replaced for some reason?   Thinking-about
All the other machines I have used have had a rough filter and a fine filter.
I won't loose sleep over it though!
I can get a fine filter, now who is my contact at the University Hospital.  Duh, I don't have one!
Oh well, I will see how much the filters cost,  Maybe the Sleep Clinic might supply them via the NHS, but I doubt it.
They have to find funds for the CEOs personal car after all Big Grin since they became an NHS Trust.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 05:56 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: ...Ok, in the video he replaced the one that came with the machine with a finer one, but looking at the filter he took out, the one I have looks a lot more open Rolleyes  Has ResMeds standards slipped, or has it been replaced for some reason?

Are you sure that you have a ResMed filter?

The one that came with my machine, and the replacement filters I purchased from a supplier in WA state (can't recall their supplier number Supplier #29) were ResMed brand filters. The filters I purchased from Supplier #1, thinking that they were ResMed filters (but they were not) are much coarser.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 06:14 PM)kiwii Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 05:56 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: ...Ok, in the video he replaced the one that came with the machine with a finer one, but looking at the filter he took out, the one I have looks a lot more open Rolleyes  Has ResMeds standards slipped, or has it been replaced for some reason?

Are you sure that you have a ResMed filter?

The one that came with my machine, and the replacement filters I purchased from a supplier in WA state (can't recall their supplier number Supplier #29) were ResMed brand filters. The filters I purchased from Supplier #1, thinking that they were ResMed filters (but they were not) are much coarser.

I am wondering that, it might be a generic one, but the machine was new (0 hours on the machine) so I would have thought it would have been original, unless it was swapped when I went back with all the machines I had on trial.  The others were not new, so when I took this machine home it only had a nights hours run on it. One nights trying it.  I thought I would go into the menu and motor run hours is just what it has been run by me.  So it is a bit of a mystery, but I can ask for a new filter, not a big deal.
Though I am a bit suspicious now Thinking-about I have to admit!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I hadn't paid attention that you are in Scotland.

There was a survey here, not long ago, asking where the newer machines were being manufactured. Even though you and I both have ResMed machines, perhaps they were not manufactured at the same place and so may not have the same filters... ? Just a guess.

When you go back, if it is a real ResMed filter, I would expect there to be some packaging that has the 'official' ResMed part number on it. Certainly (to my mind) it should be in a sealed package. If they go to fetch it from a back room, perhaps you can ask for it to be opened in your presence?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,181 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 909 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 819 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.