Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anxiety and Sleep Apnea
Anxiety and Sleep Apnea
First off I'm a new member as many can tell I chose to sign up for this forum after being diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and really haven't used my machine much at all since thinking it wasn't that bad but now I'm starting to worry about it. I did notice in the past few months I keep waking up everyday and having this strange funny feeling in the front portion of my head to the point it makes me anxious and panicky and some days I wake up just feeling out of it but I rarely feel tired in the day or yawn etc.. For the longest time I felt it was maybe caffeine addiction so I stopped drinking coffee energy drinks you name it for weeks to months but I noticed it didn't do much the strange feeling at times is there in my head. I went 3-4 months no alcohol on top to see how I felt which was nice less hangovers, less anxiety in that sense since Alcohol is fuel to the fire with anxiety, but all around I still felt out of tune with myself and anxious-panicky at times. I had an MRI done nothing there no tumors. The sense is almost like I need a big inhale of fresh air like oxygen and I notice when I'm outside the sunlight feels great like I find myself looking into the sun I know it sounds strange but almost like the sun is waking me up in a sense. I know this might sound a bit crazy what I'm trying to explain but if anyone has anxiety naturally and feels it is elevated by sleep apnea I'm here to listen it just might take my worries down enough to stay focus on this CPAP machine for the rest of my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anxiety and Sleep Apnea
It doesn't do much good if you don't use it. If you have a computer download OSCAR and get involved in what's going on. You have a Resmed something or other, and the first step is to figure out if it's a CPAP, Elite or Autoset. That is on the lower left of the unit. The next step is to figure out what the settings are... easy enough. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info Finally, you need to motivate enough to use it and post a chart or two. We can help, but you have to decide to help yourself. I enjoy alcohol more than I should, but without CPAP, it just makes things worse. CPAP is your lifetime addiction. Your sleep apnea is going nowhere without therapy. Try it, you'll like it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All mental health issues are made worse by poor sleep. Anxiety included.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@mthorn82

welcome to this great forum and community. Great place for help.

One of my thoughtful sons gave me this book for Xmas:

"How to Sleep" by Rafael Pelayo, M.D." published 2020, so it's up to date, even mentions Covid-19.

Only 1/3 of the way through the book, but if you can find this you might find some tips to help you.
Does your local library allow you to request books? 
Might be worth investing in, I want my wife to read this too.

One of the things my Sleep Doc impressed upon me when trying to get me to understand that Sleep Apnea is serious, is that with each event (apnea, hypopnea etc) you are actually producing more adrenaline and cortisol, so you actually wake up stressed. Exhausted. Certainly, since starting PAP therapy over the last year I am far less jittery, less stressed, less jumpy at any noises, less stressed by neighbourhood noises, boring you I know, but in short far less anxious.

Just some things to think about.

Happy New Year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 356 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 129 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.