Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne stoke respiration 6 months later?
Cheyne stoke respiration 6 months later?
Hi all

I have been on CPAP for 6 months now. It has been relatively fabulous after the initial usual search for apt mask, reduced leaks, soft collar etc etc. Through this period with the help of the gurus here, I have managed to reduce my pressure from 16.8 to 12.6 currently which has helped with leaks and aerophagia. Most nights reading's have been 0.2 - 0.6 ish, so you can imagine my delight.

And then this happens!!!!  From last night....

https://imgur.com/a/464ZA

840 seconds worth of Cheyenne stoke respiration - according to Sleepy Head.

Should I be concerned? Obviously have been reading up on CSR and what it might mean. Do not know whether possible congestive heart failure and stroke applies to me.

Any light, any one?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne stoke respiration 6 months later?
Was it only one night. We all have our ups and downs. What I mean some nites our numbers are fantastic others are not. You also need to go on how you are feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would call that periodic breathing rather than CSR. Most of us have had it including myself. It's pretty meaningless at that frequency and one might consider a bit of this normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys

Was really worried when I discovered CSR reported by SH upon waking this morning. And yes this was the first time. Reading further online intensified that.

I am feeling the usual tiredness from a weeks work but not exccessively.

Thanks for your reassurances and will definitely monitor myself further. Have also read up on CSR in past posts and feel the better for it.

Thanks for taking the time, as ever, SR & G1 of 2.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 103 03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 251 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 186 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 488 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.