Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Cat Owners Out There?
RE: Any Cat Owners Out There?
I have two cats. they never seem to notice the blower noises or have any interest in the heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
None of my cats care about the machine either. I have two kittens.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is this "cat owner" of which you speak? I have known many cats, and am certain that none were owned. Most of them did have in-house staff. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all. I now have hope!! he hee
Post Reply Post Reply
Provide alternative, and more interesting toys and scratching material.

My 13 aren't allowed in the bedroom as they were having turf wars.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a cat that doesn't bother the machine or tubing. She checks it out occasionally but once the investigation is done, she moves on to another object of interest, whatever that item might be. Adopt a cat.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke too soon. Woke up this morning to discover my cat was wrestling with the hose. Bad Kitty! I guess I'll be making a hose cover this weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have two cats and one small dog. The dog spends the night on the bed and the two cats sleep at least part/most of each night and often the day on the bed.
The two cats like to look out of the large picture window at the head of our bed and will sometimes step on the on/off button on our machines on their way to and from the window ledge. We put small wire baskets upside down on them to cover the buttons.
When we first got her, the dog spotted my headgear when I went to the bathroom and it took her seconds to chew it beyond repair. Now that she is a year old it might not be a problem but I still move it over to my bedside table when I get up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an older cat that doesn't mind the machine. She still sleeps next to me for awhile each night and it doesn't seem to phase her particularly, like I thought it would. However, when I go to my daughter's house, her young cat (1 year) bites on my hose, which, of course, it a very bad thing. I have to keep it hidden and then lock her out at night when I'm using it. My plan breaks down though because the kids come into my room and leave the door open. I'm surprised the hose is still OK.

If I were you I would get an older cat from the pound - like around 4 years. At our pound you can take a cat home on a trial basis and return them if they don't work out. After the first couple of nights you would know if the cat would be a problem. I currently have a pedigree cat, but my stray cats and pound cats were my best cats. My pedigree is sassy and will bite me - she is a beauty though. If I wanted another cat I would go back to the pound and save the money. Sleepytimegal
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a cat who used to stand on the machine and walk around until he hit the off button. This would wake me up immediately and he thought this would get him treats or something. I did not reward that particular behavior and he only did it twice. Well, he did it maybe a few more times before he died of suspicious causes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done] SuperSleeper 19 21,929 09-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: newb
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 6 5,265 11-23-2018, 06:19 PM
Last Post: DaveY
  [Admin Note] DreamStation owners - HEADS UP - They can now lock you OUT of Setup Mode SuperSleeper 0 7,697 03-29-2018, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Thumbsup [CPAP] resmed s9 auto set error message high temperature fault refer to owners manual beebsdaddy49 2 3,190 03-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.