Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Cat Owners Out There?
RE: Any Cat Owners Out There?
(12-12-2016, 07:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I had a cat who used to stand on the machine and walk around until he hit the off button. This would wake me up immediately and he thought this would get him treats or something. I did not reward that particular behavior and he only did it twice. Well, he did it maybe a few more times before he died of suspicious causes.

Note to self...do not cross Paula!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You too could fade away in that fashion. Me too.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my cpap a week ago and our cat that is 1 year old.
She thought the first night that the mask was a bit scary but the second night she did not mind it at all. Now she lays in our bed every night and she has never done something against the machine, mask or hose.

[Image: smulan.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahhh, cribbe - your cat is sooo cute! Smile It's not the cat I'm worried about. Something else that's very weird is going on. Last night I woke up with the machine off and the mask stuck to my head with superglue. Last week it was duct tape. My wife was also asking about my life insurance... Hmmmm.... Big GrinBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2016, 04:24 PM)Zippo Wrote: Ahhh, cribbe - your cat is sooo cute! Smile It's not the cat I'm worried about. Something else that's very weird is going on. Last night I woke up with the machine off and the mask stuck to my head with superglue. Last week it was duct tape. My wife was also asking about my life insurance... Hmmmm.... Big GrinBig Grin

Well she looks cute when she sleeps, but can certainly do very fun things when shes awake Grin

If I where you I would lock myself into the bedroom Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 5 cats but only one sleeps with me. I usually pull the hose under the covers. If I don't, she lays on it which makes it hard to move around. In addition, she was responsible for a number of unusual Sleepyhead charts. I had my S9 set to autostart. She would step on the button while I was sleeping and turn it off. The autostart would restart it up. I happened to notice her stepping on the button while awake a few days later and figured it out (thought there was something wrong with the machine). I have an Airsense for Her and the on/off is situated that she doesn't step on it. Now that I have another Airsense for Her as a backup, I'll be selling my S9. YES, there were other ways to solve this problem, but I came across a not-to-be-bypassed deal to get the same model as I use regularly. Smile

What she doesn't like is the air that comes out of the mask. She situates herself so that it doesn't blow on her.

Having been a caregiver for several family members with immense medical problems, dogs are more likely to damage medical equipment, but they can be easily trained to leave stuff alone. Cats, not so much. They don't much care for fat tubes (on your cpap) but adore skinny tubes and will steal them if given the opportunity.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea DreamStation owners - identifying your specific model [done] SuperSleeper 19 21,919 09-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: newb
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 6 5,260 11-23-2018, 06:19 PM
Last Post: DaveY
  [Admin Note] DreamStation owners - HEADS UP - They can now lock you OUT of Setup Mode SuperSleeper 0 7,694 03-29-2018, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Thumbsup [CPAP] resmed s9 auto set error message high temperature fault refer to owners manual beebsdaddy49 2 3,188 03-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.