Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Connection with Severe Restrictive Airway with OSA?
RE: Any Connection with Severe Restrictive Airway with OSA?
I'd call the doc office then and tell them what happened.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Paula as far as calling your Dr. to tell him/her what happened.
, since WHEN did that DME become your Dr.?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Was my last reply removed? I didn't mention any DME names???
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. If a post was removed, SS or myself would have sent you a PM explaining why. It is rare we delete a post but rather remove the contents or the error and explain why.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 12:31 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: Was my last reply removed? I didn't mention any DME names???

Hi Tim, Not sure if this happened to you, but sometimes, I'll be editing my post and hitting the Preview Post button, which then shows up at the top what the post will look like when posted. Unfortunately, in times past, I have been distracted, then come back to the post preview, and that Post Preview looks exactly like the post had been posted, when in fact is has not. So I close up the window and the post never gets made... and I'm like, "What happened?". I figured this out a while ago and I have to remember to actually hit the "Post Reply" button. Oh-jeez

Not sure if that makes sense or not?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 09:40 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-15-2012, 12:31 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: Was my last reply removed? I didn't mention any DME names???

Hi Tim, Not sure if this happened to you, but sometimes, I'll be editing my post and hitting the Preview Post button, which then shows up at the top what the post will look like when posted. Unfortunately, in times past, I have been distracted, then come back to the post preview, and that Post Preview looks exactly like the post had been posted, when in fact is has not. So I close up the window and the post never gets made... and I'm like, "What happened?". I figured this out a while ago and I have to remember to actually hit the "Post Reply" button. Oh-jeez

Not sure if that makes sense or not?
I think that it probably what happened. I was very stressed yesterday with my new DME getting caught lying to me about the overnight Oximetry test which THEY conveniently do themselves. Plus the shooting in Sandy Hook, CT. We are originally from CT and went to School there for a while with my brother and two of my sisters. Even though we didn't recall any of the people it just crushed me at the thought of what those parents & families are going through. Sorry for the short off topic.
Okay, I was at my Doctors office, just got diagnosed with Severe Restricted Lung Disease. My Doctor called in a prescription for supplemental oxygen for overnight use with my CPAP. The DME said they couldn't do that even though the Doctor had the numbers, high 80's low 90's until THEY did the overnight study. The nurse actually called in the script, I was standing there talking to my doctor. SO, what do suppose? I get a call from the DME at home telling me, "MY DOCTOR ordered an overnight Oximetry Sleep Study and we are sending out an oximeter by our courier that you will wear overnight and then we will come and read the results to see what you need." MY DOCTOR on the script ordered what I needed but apparently they wanted to get their greedy little hands into the insurance company and my pockets! I told them no, I'll wait until after I see the Pulomologist and see what my final diagnosis is. The DME then tried to convince me that no, it was important to do this first and really tried to push his way into the door. I held firm although constraining myself and he wasn't very happy! What a shame, I just get more bad news and this DME is trying to push his way into the profits as I'm standing there at the office when the nurse told my Doctor they denied the script until after THEY do a study! Basically telling my Doctor his numbers don't mean nothing! Stressed in NY, sorry for the rant!Annoyed-and-disappointed Perturbed

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember, I called it First!

It's a scam!

Is there another DME in your town or semi-close enough to drive to?

Off topic: It just goes to show that some people aren't really HUMAN, how could no one see this coming? Maybe his Mother did but said nothing, now she's dead too. UNBELIVABLE.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 06:17 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Remember, I called it First!

It's a scam!

Is there another DME in your town or semi-close enough to drive to?

Off topic: It just goes to show that some people aren't really HUMAN, how could no one see this coming? Maybe his Mother did but said nothing, now she's dead too. UNBELIVABLE.

Ren
Yes Ren, You got it! It makes me so mad that anyone would deny a prescription from a Doctor who spent years of their life to educate himself/herself to help others with medical needs, especially in a case where the patient is having difficulty breathing with possible life threatening needs! My Doctor had two local choices to deal with my situation but agreed it would be best to go with the one he knew was well qualified in this area. He sent me home with a few more scripts to get me through until my appointment and let me know if things get worse just go to our local urgent care or hospital. To much on my mind to try and compile a formal complaint right now without having my final diagnosis among having trouble with daily functions. I'll certainly handle that after things settle a bit. I don't ever want to see anyone else refused oxygen for a "few days" until they send someone out to go over the results! This guy has to go and I won't settle for anything less at any cost, even if it requires an attorney to have his credentials pulled, (if he has any!).
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2012, 06:51 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I don't ever want to see anyone else refused oxygen for a "few days" until they send someone out to go over the results! This guy has to go and I won't settle for anything less at any cost, even if it requires an attorney to have his credentials pulled, (if he has any!).

Tim,

It would be easier to get Morphene than simple O2 from those guys...

I can go take a $60 O2 Provider class for 8 hours at the dive shop (SCUBA) and then go buy all the O2 I want, it's a requirement for Rescue Diver and above diver certifications, I had never heard of anyone having to jump through hoops just to get O2 which is why I smelled a possible scam.

I already have a couple of NITROX SCUBA tanks that I routinely use when I've got a headache, they're 36-mix which means 36% O2 so it's almost double normal oxygen levels in the air @ 21%.

When you go after these guys remember: Never give up, never surrender! Too-funny

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
Tim--I can't resist saying "right-on" to your view of the situation with that DME! A script from a doc should be the unquestioned marching order to a DME. I know that's how my DME has reacted to the delivery of an Rx. And, if for some reason, the DME has a question/problem about a Rx it has received, the proper course of action would be for the DME to directly contact the doctor who wrote it, not involve the patient in the middle.
Somehow I feel better just expressing it although it's preaching to the choir.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 236 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 268 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 902 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.