Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Connection with Severe Restrictive Airway with OSA?
RE: Any Connection with Severe Restrictive Airway with OSA?
Apparently the DME who conveniently would be the ones doing the overnight oximetry study has convinced my Doctor that it is necessary in order for the insurance company to pay for it. Oh-jeez My Doctor knows the numbers, which by the way went down to 85 last night, knows what he is doing but they want their cut of the pie! With new health issues and added stress I'll have to have the overnight study. What I am going to shoot for is a different DME to do it to take their pie away! I am not a spiteful, revengeful person, but very discouraged these people are clever enough to convince Doctors not to fill the prescription until after THEIR sleep study for oxygen! So because they said that theirs would take a few days I'm going to to try and find one who can do it right away close by overnight! Also, I am feeling that maybe I should wait until after my appointment for the Severe Obstructive Lung Disease to see what they think and if they can do it.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless the DME has a resident consulting physician they are arguably practicing medicine without a licence by overriding your Doc. Maybe the scent of a rabid lawyer nipping at thier heels will bring them around. Thumbs-down-1
Post Reply Post Reply
So, they bitch and complain and say they won't do it and then the have the gallstones to say they can't do it that day? What a load of horse hockey. Yes, get thee to another supplier. Let the drs office know, however, so they know who they will getting the report from.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, when you contact these other DMEs, don't tell them you want the test. Tell them you need the O2 and how they would fulfill the prescription. If they don't say they need to practice without a license, then don't bother with the test.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tim,

Call ANY DME or Home Medical supplier listing you can find and just ask if they can simply fill your prescription for O2 and see if THEY have to do an SpO2 test before they can fill it.

My ex-Father-in-Law had emphysema and never had to undergo additional testing to determine his need for O2, the DME just brought the tanks, regulator and cannula to his house, showed them how to set and use it and that was that. The way it should be done.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 10:41 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Tim,

Call ANY DME or Home Medical supplier listing you can find and just ask if they can simply fill your prescription for O2 and see if THEY have to do an SpO2 test before they can fill it.

My ex-Father-in-Law had emphysema and never had to undergo additional testing to determine his need for O2, the DME just brought the tanks, regulator and cannula to his house, showed them how to set and use it and that was that. The way it should be done.

Ren
That's what I figured. Never thought it would be this complicated to help so I can breath better!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 105 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 193 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 88 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 178 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,543 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 750 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 181 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.