Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Pappers over 8500'??
Question 
Hi, In doing research for a CPAP machine, so far it looks like the highest altitude that ResMed and PR machines have is a max of 8500'. Since I live at 8800', I'm wondering if there are any other high altitude users who've already gone down this path and have found a machine and mask that work? Dont-know
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed or PR machine and mask will work at your altitude. If I remember correctly the altitude correction for altitude over 8500' is to increase the pressure by 1 cm/H2O for each 1000' over 8500'. I do not think that you would have to increase at all.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
Either of the major brands should work for you. You might have to adjust the pressure a little to accommodate the altitude however, but you're way used to doing that in your day to day life, such as when you try to boil a 2-minute egg.

I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

Post Reply Post Reply

(05-10-2015, 10:56 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The Resmed or PR machine and mask will work at your altitude. If I remember correctly the altitude correction for altitude over 8500' is to increase the pressure by 1 cm/H2O for each 1000' over 8500'. I do not think that you would have to increase at all.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Oh, that's great to know--thanks PaytonA!
(05-10-2015, 10:58 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Either of the major brands should work for you. You might have to adjust the pressure a little to accommodate the altitude however, but you're way used to doing that in your day to day life, such as when you try to boil a 2-minute egg.

I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

Hi Retired Guy. I live in southern Park County, just west of Wilkerson Pass. Uh, you left Colorado for Oregon? Well, it is probably a whole lot greener there!
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2015, 10:58 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

R_G, she's got those sled dogs for good reason. Only way up/down the mountain.

BTW - Kingskid: R_G lives in a beautiful part of Oregon.
[Image: daD6uvCm.jpg]
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe." JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Nonin 8500 Oximetry Software Patrick 1 1,301 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: zonk