Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Pappers over 8500'??
Question 
Any Pappers over 8500'??
Hi, In doing research for a CPAP machine, so far it looks like the highest altitude that ResMed and PR machines have is a max of 8500'. Since I live at 8800', I'm wondering if there are any other high altitude users who've already gone down this path and have found a machine and mask that work? Dont-know
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any Pappers over 8500'??
The Resmed or PR machine and mask will work at your altitude. If I remember correctly the altitude correction for altitude over 8500' is to increase the pressure by 1 cm/H2O for each 1000' over 8500'. I do not think that you would have to increase at all.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Either of the major brands should work for you. You might have to adjust the pressure a little to accommodate the altitude however, but you're way used to doing that in your day to day life, such as when you try to boil a 2-minute egg.

I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2015, 10:56 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The Resmed or PR machine and mask will work at your altitude. If I remember correctly the altitude correction for altitude over 8500' is to increase the pressure by 1 cm/H2O for each 1000' over 8500'. I do not think that you would have to increase at all.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Oh, that's great to know--thanks PaytonA!
(05-10-2015, 10:58 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Either of the major brands should work for you. You might have to adjust the pressure a little to accommodate the altitude however, but you're way used to doing that in your day to day life, such as when you try to boil a 2-minute egg.

I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

Hi Retired Guy. I live in southern Park County, just west of Wilkerson Pass. Uh, you left Colorado for Oregon? Well, it is probably a whole lot greener there!
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2015, 10:58 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I lived many years in Colorado, just outside of Idaho Springs, up Mt. Evans. Where are you at?

R_G, she's got those sled dogs for good reason. Only way up/down the mountain.

BTW - Kingskid: R_G lives in a beautiful part of Oregon.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lip Flap Solutions for PAPpers? HalfAsleep 6 1,568 10-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Nonin 8500 Oximetry Software Patrick 1 2,353 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.