Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10
RE: ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10
Interesting, I can imagine that these holes can easily be blocked by moisture as they are quite small.

Just out of interest, my first Nasal mask had only one hole around an eight of an inch and that was it.
When I had rain-out with it I would get drops of water being pushed out of the vent hold.
When I first got the mask we had a lamp shade with tassels hanging from it, I used to point the vent towards them and watch them blow around a bit. It used to annoy the other half!

I have the same small holes on the vent of my mask, though it is not the P10. The vents do get a bit restricted when there is a lot of moisture, but it usually clears, but I have to say there is a slight difference to breathing though I can't say I noticed any ill effects from it.
But then I may just expell air out through my lips when this happens. Maybe this is why I get the angry face on a few occasions?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
See following thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...YPERCAPNIA
Post Reply Post Reply
i have been having trouble breathing with this mask on for the past week or so. I thought i was going crazy. I would put it on and it would be ok for an hour or two but then i felt like i couldn't breathe correctly. My husband also thought i was going nuts. We tried extending the time it takes my machine to ramp and that didn't do any good either. Finally, my husband hadand idea and gave me a back up mask from a different brand. I slept all through the night and didn't have any issues. So it was most definitely the mask that was causing my issue. I also do not have a heated tube so i do get some condensation in my tubing. But i think part of that is lack of my mask ventilating. I hardly had any condensation this morning with a different mask. If you are a doctor and are prescribing this to your patience that do not have heated tubing, i would urge against it, it will only cause them issues in the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't assume that because it doesn't work for you that it doesn't work for others..

We are well aware that if the screens get wet, which the typically do not,  they will block exhaust.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just responding to the original poster that I too had an issue. And it appears I’m not the only one. There are many reports that others have encountered the issue as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,980 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,071 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 49 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.