Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts]
Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts]
The good news is I've actually gotten some nights where I've made it through with the mask on all night.  I don't think the results are all that great, but I guess it's a start. At least I don't feel like the machine is trying to kill me.

The persistent cough and drainage is still a problem....but I'm adapting meds and methods to get around...

I'd appreciate if I could get some eyes on the attached charts and get some recommendations.

Thanks...

DF
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any Suggestions?
Well the trend is headed in the right direction. Leaks the one night were bad but it looks like your correcting that. Numbers aren't bad. I did notice you had a few clustered events which may caused by tucking your chin down and in while you sleep. Using a pillow that prevents that can help as well as soft cervical collar. If you notice the clusters getting worse you'll want to correct that.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I disagree with Walla Walla, the numbers are decent. I think what he meant to type is "the numbers aren't bad."

Otherwise, I agree with everything else Walla Walla has advised. I'm also glad to hear that you are working through this. You've had a tough time and you keep trying. Keep it up Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
My spelling has been corrected.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any Suggestions? [re: SH charts]
Sleep position is a big problem for me...I have been a left-side sleeper for 40 years probably....so offset issues with coughing and gastritis. CPAP use doesn't work well with that for me anyway....

I have added the use of Biotene at night to help with the dry mouth issues. I've also played with humidity settings and what I use in the huimidifer...ice and water to start with the humidifer set to 1...I don't know why I thought to try that...but it seems to work.

Thanks to all for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have acid reflux, you may want to talk to your Dr about proton pump inhibiters (protonix) and after a couple of months, get your magnesium tested (protonix consumes it). Over the counter for before you go to sleep is gaviscon. take that if you eat or drink adult beverages within a couple of hours of going to sleep.

I'm recovering from an ulcer, and I'm thankful to be at the gastritis stage now. No more bleeding, and hopefully no more EGDs.
Post Reply Post Reply
No acid reflux, I use Tagamet rather than PPI's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gaviscon helps form a barrier at the top of stomach to help prevent reflux. Basing this on information from CNP who used to be working with gastroenterologists.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,923 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 376 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.