Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any advice on improving my results?
RE: Any advice on improving my results?
I do feel better today. I feel more alert and better rested. I only woke up once last night, to go to the bathroom, whereas on other nights I woke up 2-4 times.

Thanks, again, for the advice.

-Kevin
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update: The cervical collar has helped. It took me about three nights to get used to it and to be able to wear it all night long. However, my AHI number has dropped in half, from about 10 to less than 5 on average. I also feel a little better rested in the morning.

One negative effect of the collar is sweating, though. When I wake up in the middle of the night, it's to a sweaty head and hair, and a damp pillow. With the temperature dropping in the bedroom, as winter comes on (I have a programmed thermostat), I don't think this will be much of a problem, but come summer, I may have to revisit it.

Thanks, again, for the suggestion for the cervical collar. I don't think I would have come up with this myself.

-Kevin
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the anti-snoring or sleep pillows, they have just a strap, no foam, in the back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 325 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 179 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,447 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.