Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any advice on improving my results?
RE: Any advice on improving my results?
I do feel better today. I feel more alert and better rested. I only woke up once last night, to go to the bathroom, whereas on other nights I woke up 2-4 times.

Thanks, again, for the advice.

-Kevin
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update: The cervical collar has helped. It took me about three nights to get used to it and to be able to wear it all night long. However, my AHI number has dropped in half, from about 10 to less than 5 on average. I also feel a little better rested in the morning.

One negative effect of the collar is sweating, though. When I wake up in the middle of the night, it's to a sweaty head and hair, and a damp pillow. With the temperature dropping in the bedroom, as winter comes on (I have a programmed thermostat), I don't think this will be much of a problem, but come summer, I may have to revisit it.

Thanks, again, for the suggestion for the cervical collar. I don't think I would have come up with this myself.

-Kevin
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the anti-snoring or sleep pillows, they have just a strap, no foam, in the back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.