Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any curly haired people out there?
Any curly haired people out there?
Yes, I am only two days in to wearing my CPAP. And I absolutely love it!

I woke up this morning and my very curly hair was a disaster. Yes, health beats hairstyle but I am a professional woman who needs to look presentable at work. My curly hair cannot be washed every day and I don't have time every morning to wet it down and start from scratch. 

Is there any advice out there from other curly haired men or women about how they wear their head gear with minimal impact on their hair?

Best,

Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any curly haired people out there?
There's a new mask coming out called "Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution CPAP Mask". I can't tell you if it's any good or not just that it may be an option.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I've emailed them to see when it will be available.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't wash my curly hair every day, but I do wet my hair and use conditioner most days. When you do wash your hair be sure to use a sulfate free shampoo. On days that there isn't time to shower in the morning I wet my hair, spritz it with one of the many available products for this purpose, then crunch it (this should get rid of the flatness left by your headgear). Most shampoo Aisles have a small section devoted to products that target those of us with curly hair. If you don't have it already a good read that helped me learn how to manage and love my curly hair is "a curly girl handbook".
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. I hope some morning spritzing helps. And I'll put my head gear on while looking in the mirror.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the Resmed FX  Bella nasal pillows mask for women.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreadi...-your-hair

I would do a "pineapple", and pull the pineapple through the headgear (out the top of it).  

I have straight hair, and I do this because I can't stand all my hair being smushed by the headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I am three months in now and that is exactly what I do. The results to my hair are mixed but I feel like a million bucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
#Winning
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 384 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 534 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,067 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Advice for first time CPAP traveller - sharing a room with people. Hopingforachange 5 680 07-19-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: djont57
  what are people doing with the Respironics recall replacements? KuriApollo 8 993 06-23-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question How many people use Notes? B1Sailor 8 858 01-31-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Mouth tape for bearded people accetableplaintain 8 3,346 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Last Post: accetableplaintain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.