Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any danger of low oxygen in Ramp Up period
Any danger of low oxygen in Ramp Up period
I am new to cpap therapy and have the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine. It is set to auto ramp up, with a starting pressure of 4. When I use this I feel like I am being smothered and like I may not be getting enough oxygen. Is there any possibility or danger that during this period (if you have no apneas or hypopneas) that you may suffer low oxygen?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any danger of low oxygen in Ramp Up period
Welcome to the forum. Don't know how dangerous it is but most report feeling starved for air at a pressure of 4. We generally discourage the use of ramp as it just delays achieving a pressure that provides effective treatment. Unless you find 10 too uncomfortable I suggest you turn off ramp. If you want to use it start it at 6 or 7.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You should never feel suffocated or smothered while on CPAP, wether in your therapeutic range or during Ramp. I need a min of 10 cmw personally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chris, turn your ramp off, or if therapy pressure is uncomfortable to start with, set the minimum pressure at a level you find comfortable. Your Airsense 10 allows for Also, instead of a set time, use Auto Ramp which will cancel the ramp once it detects sleep breathing. Very few of us that have been using PAP therapy for any time use ramp.

Download the free OSCAR software, and we can actually tell if ramp is stressful, and see your settings and how they can be improved. Your MyAir program offers nothing useful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 401 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.