Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView
Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView
I purchased my Air Sense 11 from a DME that doesn't register the device in Air View.  I haven't asked my doctor to register the device to Air View yet, that's my next step.
However, if my doctor is unable or unwilling to register my device Air Sense 11 to Air View, is there any real downside/negative  if I find another provider that is able to do so?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView
If you paid for it outright, unless your doctor wants access to the data, there's not much of a point, is there?

If insurance paid for it, then the DME would presumably have registered it because insurance would need proof that you were in compliance with their requirements.

If *you* want to see the data (and you should), install OSCAR: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
It's written and maintained and actively supported by people in this group, and gives much better looking and easier to read reports than other options.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView
You could always just bring the SD card to your Dr and let him load the card into their MyAir software. That's what people do who don't get a cell signal, or machine without the cellular modem.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed S10 lost all connectivity with the expiration of the 3G Network. I was told that, professionally, AirView is mainly for insurance compliance and is rarely used to remotely change settings or look at data. Since I lost connectivity, I have not been contacted by the DME or my Sleep Doc.

Oscar does it all -- and is better than ResMed's ResScan.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 973 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 265 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 363 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.