Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any drawback in changing from cpap mode to autoset mode ?
Any drawback in changing from cpap mode to autoset mode ?
I changed from a DS to an Autoset for her machine a while ago.
They set it up in Cpap mode and I thought it was good, to minimize variables etc.
Now that I feel stable with the machine,  Im getting curious about the Autoset mode.

Currently Im using 14cm and EPR of 2. I usually score 0.1 to 3.0 range.
Would an initial autoset config be something like 12-15 and keep EPR of 2 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any drawback in changing from cpap mode to autoset mode ?
That sounds like a good starting point. The 15 will prevent any flow limit pressure runaways.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave 
Feel free to post you Daily screenshots and we will help you get to the right.  I to was on a set # 11cmh20 and have switched to a apap range and it much better overall for me.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Just.. wow.

Now I see why people like APAP.
I chickened out a bit and went 12.6-15 , tonite I try 12-15.  So far this is stellar.
I remember waking up at some point during the night, but I was too comfortable to roll over and check the time.  Possibly the 3cm jump in pressure roused me , or the RERAs at around 3:45am ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep looks good.  I use 9 - 14 cmh20 
I was told to use 11 cmh20.

Your flow limits look good on EPR2 

You will find you might not need all the pressure you have normally needed.  The Resmed machine is way more efficient than the DS.

Read the docs in my signature on how to use F12 for screenshots.  its under the View menu.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
You might also try EPR 3.  EPR is used to do 2 things.  First make it more comfortable to breath.  Exhale pressure is the min - EPR, so if you went to 3 it would make it easier to exhale.  The second thing is it is used to help treat both H and Flow limits.  You had 3 H events and the increase of EPR could help that.  You did have some fl also.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Tue night I mistakenly set it to EPR 1 , last night I corrected to 3.
Here's the two shots to compare.
One night does not a trend make, but I wonder if it's looking like the 9cm EPAP is getting too low for me ?
At 12-15 (EPR 3) I spent more time at 15
At 12-15 (EPR 1) I spent more time at 12

Im not sure if I should leave it at EPR-3 and see what happens for a few days,  decrease the EPR, or increase the Min.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveCar,
You haven't said how you feel after your switched to auto mode - sure your AHI drops but that is not the only measure you should be using. Your flow limits need work if you want to be successful in Auto mode. How did you determine 14 cm as the pressure to use in CPAP mode. Many of us find that in switching machines from DS to Resmed we need to drop the pressure somewhat (by 1.5 cm for me). Also as EPR is increased, the pressure in CPAP mode will need to be increased. I think you would be better served by varying the pressure (CPAP mode) with EPR of 3 to try find a pressure range that will minimise the large peaks in flow limit as they will always drive pressure to max in AUTO mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you have Positional Apnea as well on the .93 AHI at 330am.  SB and others can confirm.

Yes tell us how you feel as well?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
On the old DS, I found that cpap-14 was good but 13 would give me troubles.
For this loaner AS-10 I started with cpap-14 and EPR-2. Other than one night of presumably tucking, it's been not bad.

How do I feel ?  I find that hard to describe as Im still "high" on the apnea recovery.  2.5 years into it and Im still feeling happy to be alive and not falling asleep literally everywhere. 
If I had to guess, I'd say I dont feel worse today than yesterday.

I will try 13-16 with EPR-3. My Rx is actually for cpap-16 but with a DME option to drop it to 15, so the 16 should be fine if it hits that.

Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 351 51 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.