Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any feedback on Transcend II
Any feedback on Transcend II
Hi All

I'm looking to invest in a back up device and as I fly overnight (12hrs+) at least eight times a year, it seemed to be a good idea to get a more travel friendly Auto machine as my backup so I can use it on battery whilst up in the air.

The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option, but as I'm a relative Newbie it would be really helpful to get your thoughts.

If anyone has any experience of this machine or has any thoughts on the subject, please let us know.

Whoops, I just found a review on here, very comprehensive, so I need to apologize for asking a question that's already been answered, unless anyone has any further info?

Thanks
D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any feedback on Transcend II
My first thought is a backup machine is critical if your OSA is severe enough (like mine). And, never, ever check your CPAP as luggage (mine got lost once and I didn't sleep that night.

The only thought I can offer you, is some people have a hard time switching from one machine to another, and more than a few ended up getting a second machine that was the same as their primary - just food for thought.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 09:01 AM)Eurika Wrote: Hi All

I'm looking to invest in a back up device and as I fly overnight (12hrs+) at least eight times a year, it seemed to be a good idea to get a more travel friendly Auto machine as my backup so I can use it on battery whilst up in the air.

The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option, but as I'm a relative Newbie it would be really helpful to get your thoughts.

If anyone has any experience of this machine or has any thoughts on the subject, please let us know.

Whoops, I just found a review on here, very comprehensive, so I need to apologize for asking a question that's already been answered, unless anyone has any further info?

Thanks
D

If you do decide on the Transcend unit, I would recommend the P8 multi night battery. This is to insure you get your 12 hours of run time, battery run time varies a lot depending your breathing and pressure setting. The P8 battery would give me 15-16 hours. As mentioned, differences in machines may be an issue, but for me I had no problems adapting with my Transcend EZEX cpap, except for the noise level. The "breathing" noise level may be objectionable to some, I found a couple of ways to reduce it
Post Reply Post Reply
I use one 4 nights a week when i travel for biz. I dont use a battery though. Been using it for at least a year with no issues at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 09:01 AM)Eurika Wrote: The Transcend II with battery and, HME to stop dehydrating too much, seems to be a good option

When using CPAP during a flight, I think we are not supposed to use a humidifier.

This is because atmospheric turbulence causes some pretty wild bumping around sometimes, and water might get in the blower unit, which would tend to instantly destroy the blower unit.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the Review Forum. There's several Transcend models that have been reviewed.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I plan on useing an HME device to take care of humidification.
Air on planes is very dry and and I wanted to see if I arrive feeling better than I normally do.
Flight is 12.5 hours and across 8 time zones and I have always put down the feeling like c#*p to jet lag.
Hopefully with reasonable sleep, moist 'ish' air I will arrive feeling much better and not spend three days recovering.

I'll keep you posted
D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,792 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 964 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.