Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 9-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

Sex: Female

Wink RE: Any gardeners here ?
(05-31-2016 04:37 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote:  This is my first adventure "OFF TOPIC". likelike

I have sweet corn, sweet potato, peppers, onions, water melons, squash, and am soon to expand the summer garden. I try to work in the garden and yard just as the sunrise lights up.

The joy of eating and sharing adds to the work out fun. It is just a back yard project. I help a neighbor with his garden. He is 92 and a WWII Vet. Still going and enjoying his garden.

Life is Great in the Garden. The bugs enjoy it too Thinking-about
Wow! What an awesome garden!! That sounds soo nice that you get to enjoy something positive and share with others (wish I lived in your neighborhood! I'd share with ya')... I know your neighbor is loving it!! Yep, sunrise is about the only part of the day to be out this last couple weeks here (SC) my poor baby trees are suffering dearly, was hoping someone could help me trouble shoot what else I can do, watering daily (early in the day 7-8 am) I may loose my cedar tree, I just planted this spring...and it was doing well Crying-into-tissue Thanks so much for sharing thoughts of your garden, as "You reap the rewards of the seeds you sew!" It's Heavenly!

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
07-19-2016 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
kwhenrykerr Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: DreamStation Auto, AirSense 10 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Philips, AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 12-20

Other Comments: 2L added oxygen with CMS50F to check usage

Sex: Male

RE: Any gardeners here ?
Today I found my dog eating one of the watermelons. He sure is lucky I like him.Oh-jeez

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
07-19-2016 09:20 PM
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

(06-04-2016 06:22 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:  
(06-01-2016 02:24 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote:  Beauregard Sweet Potato are a summer crop that will take about 90 days to produce. they cover a lot of ground as the vine spreads but O-so Good. try them if you have the room. Sleep-well

This year our sweet potatoes got to about 6 inches and locusts ate all the leaves.

We went on a rage picking, catching, and squashing grasshoppers for a few days and the squash appear to be trying to recover... my stupid chickens are supposed to keep the locust down, but they seem to prefer hanging out in the shade, eating my blackberries and discussing politics...

LolaboveLaugh-a-lotDielaughing Frank always makes me laugh, Thanks

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
07-19-2016 09:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

(07-19-2016 09:20 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote:  Today I found my dog eating one of the watermelons. He sure is lucky I like him.Oh-jeez

Same here...my dog eats EVERYTHING, plants, the persimmons, he even stands under the tree waiting for them to fall....He eats the frogs and the Anoles (American chameleon)!! ugh! the problem with the persimmons now is he is freely planting them where ever he takes the notion. I try to harvest some before they are gone as my Mom love persimmons so I do try to sneak a few when P.D. isn't lookin' to make some jam.

07-19-2016 09:33 PM
kwhenrykerr Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

I try to plant enough to share I enjoy the critters. Last winter the deer did not share any of the peas. At first just two or three would show up then the word spread. They got so bold as to walk past me to snack. It is hard to call them wildlife. Dielaughing

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
07-20-2016 04:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

(07-20-2016 04:44 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote:  I try to plant enough to share I enjoy the critters. Last winter the deer did not share any of the peas. At first just two or three would show up then the word spread. They got so bold as to walk past me to snack. It is hard to call them wildlife. Dielaughing

Aww! What a kind soul you are kwhenrykerr! We could be kindred spirits! I love the critters too, but if they get too greedy (the deer) would planting mint help to deter them?? I've heard that mint is a natural deterrent for some critters....just wondering if it would work on deer...Eat-popcorn

07-20-2016 05:05 AM
theone Online

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Build-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-13

Other Comments:

Used to garden on 1/2 acre plot and really enjoy it but weeding time was my nightmare do to light headiness when bending over. I'm talking medication for high blood pressure. Now I garden in Earth Boxes. The beauty of it is.. No more weeding, once plants are in, with automatic watering system there is no work to speak of, if only the Tomato Hornworms would leave my tomato plants alone..Wink

So some know what earthbox is.. Not sure if I can post this or not. Moderator, please remove if is inappropriate. Thanks.

http://forum.earthbox.com/index.php
07-20-2016 10:49 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
kwhenrykerr Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

I love my earthboxes and the other containers that are raised up. They are more protected than the other plants. I guess I will replant the peas this winter I do enjoy the deer.

07-20-2016 11:07 AM
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

I'm with ya' kwhenrykerr, I love 'em too, but the encroachment of development is
destroying the range in which they flourish...I truly hate this... I want to live away from housing development JUST for this reason.....I'd be planting for the critters, and my hubby would be shaking his head at me when I get the salt block out for them....
putting up "NO HUNTING" signs on the 10 mile area!! Earthboxes sounds like a winner!!! thanks theone !! Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 08:19 AM by Luvmyzzz.)
07-21-2016 08:18 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

It has been a warm summer for us. The raspberries. watermelon, cantaloupe and cucumber seem to love it. But the blueberry and grapes look a little withered on the edges.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 08:52 AM by 0rangebear.)
07-21-2016 08:52 AM