Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any help would be appreciated! [help with high AHI]
Any help would be appreciated! [help with high AHI]
I don't know why my AHI count is high? Any thoughts?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

[attachment=4543]

[attachment=4544]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any help would be appreciated!
you need to identify your machine. model names and numbers are on the bottom. then we should see the overview page , not the daily page.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any help would be appreciated!
(02-21-2018, 09:39 PM)ATLApnea Wrote: I don't know why my AHI count is high?  Any thoughts?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

You may wish to re-think the data granularity and choose a wider sample time as this snapshot is a little like a blind man encountering the proverbial elephant. Maybe 20 minutes and position selection over the most active region of the graph.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any help would be appreciated! [help with high AHI]
ATLapnea, take a look at the signature link below on Organizing your Sleepyhead Data. There is so much information about your machine, settings and therapy that your images do not offer. The brief image you showed us is during a period of hypopnea and the flow rate wave-form is distorted with flow limitations. My best guess is that your minimum pressure is far too low and leaving you with excessive events through the night. Your profile shows an Auto CPAP with default pressures of 4-20. That is not ideal.

Organize your data as shown in my signature link, and let's try again.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any help would be appreciated! [help with high AHI]
You are snoring and your hypopneas are driving both your pressure and your AHI up.

The PR Auto CPAP you are using responds slower than others so it works best when your settings are closer to what you need.
I'll suggest raising your min pressure 1 cmw.

Note the organize link in my signature, (you are close) but the data in the left column is important and helps us with recommendations the an F12 will take your screen print to post.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,664 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 149 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.