Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any help would be appreciated.
Smile 
Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

I was diagnosed with central sleep apnea about two years. I am severely under insured and had to buy my machine off the internet from no -insurance medical supplies. my sleep doctor is just short of two hours away and i really dont have access to transportation to see him so i am hoping to get some information on my oscar charts if anyone wants to help...

Currently I don't feel rested no matter how much sleep i get, 8, 14 hours, it doesn't matter. when i wake up it is hard for me to concentrate. I am currently taking Paxil, adderall, and melatonin.

Im hoping that somebody smarter than I at viewing graphs could give me some information! It would be so helpful!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any help would be appreciated.
Most of your events are centrals. Increases pressure (max) can not help centrals - you need a more expensive machine. With your machine you try to avoid them. One main reason there are centrals is the difference in pressure. The greater difference the more centrals. Your is 7-13. I would set them the same number. I would guess 9. And your PS= 0 We would need to see IF THAT WORKS and adjust from there. What we are making this machine is a straight CPAP or continuous pressure machine. Meaning it will blow at 9cm on your inhale and exhale.

Again the best thing to do is buy a much more expensive machine that treats centrals.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be helpful if you click on View > Reset Graphs > Standard and you resize the graphs so they are all visible at once.  The graphs can be resized by hovering over the graph boundary until you see the double headed arrow and then dragging the graph to make it smaller.  Reduce all the graphs until they all fit on the page without scrolling.

The first graph you have posted looks very very busy.  Must have been a horrible day afterwards.  The flattened parts of your inhalation peaks may indicate you have a leak, or your mouth may be open.  If I recall correctly, central Apnea is typically managed with an ASV machine not bi-level.  If you can post a redacted version of your sleep report it would be helpful.  Others, more skilled than I, will be along shortly to help you further.  You are in good hands here.  People genuinely want to help.

I see stacey beat me to it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I want you to look at the Craigslist from Fayetteville Arkansas and search for the listing "AirCurv 10 ASV CPAP Machine - $350"  Someone is selling a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine for $350. This is an adaptive servo ventilator (ASV) and is specifically use to treat central apnea, and is the best deal currently available on the internet that I am aware of.  Your BiPAP will not work and you can probably sell it and recover the cost of this machine that WILL work.  Once you get the machine, set it as follows:

Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min 4.0
EPAP max 15.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 15.0

This is the titration protocol for the ASV to treat central apnea.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a great price for that machine. The used ones I saw were over 1500.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is the best of the bunch when it comes to PAP and/or ASV. The ASV is the machine designed to treat CA. Grab that one Sleeprider mentions. It's a great price.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you guys sooo much! I will do the work on my end and get back to you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
If/when you get that ASV, shout out here. We will assist in machine setup, starting with ASV titration combined with OSCAR data, and we'll have you on good therapy in minutes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,663 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,129 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 895 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User - Advice greatly appreciated. sparklefists 15 1,026 02-20-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sparklefists
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.