Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any issues using two machines?
I like to fall asleep and nap in one room and then usually finish sleeping in the bedroom. I have a Resmed 10 Autoset in the bedroom and am considering one for the 'other room'.

Can I do the setup myself on machine number two? I have utilized the clinical menu and plan to copy all settings from my current machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any issues using two machines?
Shouldn't be a problem. I have two machines, and even the data is easy to combine in Sleepyhead or Encore. What machine(s) are you considering?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 07:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Shouldn't be a problem. I have two machines, and even the data is easy to combine in Sleepyhead or Encore. What machine(s) are you considering?

I have a Resmed 10 Autoset, considering another.
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting up identical machines is not a problem. Looks like you currently use a pressure range of 7-20. Clearly that can be duplicated in every way on a second machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have no trouble. With two of the same model, you could even switch out their places every couple of months so the wear on each would be the same and likely double the useful life (calendar years) of each machine.

That's what I once intended to do with a used S-9.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Can I give my doctor the number on the back so he can see that data? Or does that not matter?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fresca,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Go for it, you shouldn't have any trouble with using 2 machines.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh. Is this going to be a machine that the insurance wants to see compliance on? Probably will need to wait until they quit doing that.

You can take the cards out of each one and import to Sleepyhead or ResScan. Both programs will handle it seamlessly. I would do that anyway and supply the Dr with reports out of the system or if he needs to do the download himself, take in the cards. I would disable the crap out of that auto reporting wireless bug that Resmed built into the A-10, damn the warranty - full speed ahead to unhood that little chunk of hardware (one reason I would go with something other than the new Resmed product if I was buying, but that's a whole other editorial) - I don't want anybody but me changing pressures and other configurations.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 08:26 PM)Fresca Wrote: Thank you. Can I give my doctor the number on the back so he can see that data? Or does that not matter?

The only data your doctor or DME normally looks at is compliance. If your doctor has both machine numbers, he/she can get data from both machines through Resmed. If you don't need to demonstrate compliance, then this is a non-issue. Sleepyhead will compile data from multiple machines' SD cards seamlessly so you can track your treatment efficacy, and use that data to discuss any concerns you have with your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Compliance monitoring has ended on current machine. Second machine will be at my expense. I have no problems with the wireless as I plan to supply my Dr with the number.

Just want to be sure copying over the settings in clinical should be OK? No way to cause myself issues?

Sleepyhead available for OSX yet?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 174 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 518 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 226 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 132 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 133 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  csa machines cexer 1 125 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 140 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.