Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any issues using two machines?
RE: Any issues using two machines?
If you move the SD card from the first machine to the second, would the new machine import the settings directly?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you buy the second machine through a local DME, it's unlikely that anyone will be paying the money ResMed charges to monitor the data. I suspect the online suppliers don't pay the monitoring fees.

I suspect it's pretty unlikely the DME or even your doctor will be smart enough or motivated enough to handle the data from two machines. Many DME's are stupid, arrogant, and lazy in terms of understanding CPAP machines. Many doctors are worse.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are paying out of pocket, consider getting an S9 instead of the more expensive A10. That is unless you can afford it. And even if you can afford it, don't get it through the same DME. You'll be paying way more than you should. Go to Supplier #2 in the Suppliers List (link at top of every page). They have used and open box machines.

Your doctor does not need any number from the machine if you are through with compliance. Our bet is he could care less.

Call the supplier where you got the first machine and tell them you need a copy of your prescription. You don't need a new one. If they ask why, you can either tell them it is none of their dang business or you can tell them it is for your own personal records. They can't deny you the right to have it. You'll need this prescription if you get the machine elsewhere.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I really prefer to get the same machine, Resmed 10 and prefer new or zero hours. Prices from DME were not very attractive. May have to opt for new from online supplier.

Good to know I don't need to bother sending my Dr the data from the second machine. It kind of seems after initial diagnosis and one follow up, you are kind of on your own with this thing...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 11 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 219 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.