Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any new mask better than AirFit P10
Any new mask better than AirFit P10
I like the AirFit P10 however was wondering if anyone has found a mask they like better. The only thing I dislike about this mask is the pressure the straps make under my eyes. 
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any new mask better than AirFit P10
Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to some of the online stores and look at some of the pictures of masks. You can get a good idea what your looking for. Doesn't really help to recommend masks. It's something you have to try yourself. Example, lots of people raved about the F20 Air Touch. I couldn't get it to work for me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're unhappy with the pressure, you can adjust it by changing where the two rearward straps are positioned on your head.  I put the upper strap at the very top middle of my head and the bottom strap down below my hairline.  It's still too tight, and so I stretched it out for a few minutes.  

If you like the P10 type mask, I still think you'll like the Dreamwear.  Its a similar mask, though you'll want to change the mask type on your AirSense from Nasal to Pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
The F & P Brevida is similar--softer in the nose, but I have a small head and the very minimal headgear is almost too big. I haven't solved the leak problem with it. My DME gave me a sample P10 for Her (made for a one time use during a sleep test) but I haven't tried it yet--all parts a little smaller.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the Brevida with the added bonus that its straps are fully adjustable.  I tried it on a trial basis and have really liked it.  I'm a side sleeper and i find that it doesn't dislodge like the P10 tended to do over time with me.  Leaks are virtually nil with this mask as it wraps around the lower part of the nose creating a seal around the nostrils.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Like sonicboom, I too really like the F&P Brevida. It is quiet and has adjustable headgear straps. I have less leakage problems as opposed to the P10.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P10 but all this talk about the Brevida got me to order one to try out.    Smile
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2017, 07:03 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I use the P10 but all this talk about the Brevida got me to order one to try out.    Smile

Tempted to do the same. You beat me to it. Keep us posted, or better yet write a full review here. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
How does this 'Brevida' feel on the upper lip? Is it heavier than the P10? How about comfort on the pillow portion? I'm clearly interested in how people feel about the mask after they have been using it for a while? Is it a brand new mask on the market?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,254 7 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,313 11 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,986 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 987 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.