Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any new mask better than AirFit P10
RE: Any new mask better than AirFit P10
I started therapy in March with the P10 and switched to the Brevida back in July and have been using it full time since then.  I've found it stays in place on the nose much better when I turn over--I was constantly waking up with the P10 every time I turned over and having to readjust.

Pros:  pillow are much softer and they seal around the outside of the nose and you don't even feel anything inside the nostrals.   They seem to seal for me much better than p10 did. I also don't think they leave the same marks on the face, but it might be because it doesn't need to seem to be as tight to keep the seal. I also use the Resmed covers on the straps which help a lot (but did the same on the P10 were they didn't help as much).  The filter is washable.  Was able to use the same pillows for over 3 months.

The  Cons: while the straps on side of the face adjust, the lower back strap does not and if you have a smaller head that strap tends to gravitate up while you sleeping.  I solved by using the little clip that came with the p10 (which was also too big..even the "her" version) or by just putting my hair in a ponytail and putting the lower strap below and the other strap above..stays well all night that way. Also, I don't like the swivel connection as well as the P10 which is a little lighter. Pillows are more expensive (mainly because they are harder to find on Ebay.)

Conclusion:  I've not gone back to the P10 since I switched, I like the Brevida much better.  I was able to get a few masks on Amazon at around $40 and some others on Ebay so if you don't have insurance (or don't want to be ripped off by DME's who overcharge and end result being about the same with your copay or deductible!) you might keep an eye out there. like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,232 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,301 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.