Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information.
Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information.
I was thinking of buying a smart watch so I could track my sleep pattern , what time I actually fell asleep , how long I was actually asleep for etc.

I’m now wondering if any forum members have used a smart watch to help them track their sleep 
information and if so was the smart watch worth buying. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information.
I would advise you to watch some YouTube videos of "The Quantified Scientist" He has tested a lot of smart devices very extensively, including sleep phase comparisons between smart devices and PSG with EEG.

The only smartwatch that displays sleep phases rather well should be the Apple Watch
Post Reply Post Reply
will any version of the apple watch work the same or are later versions better at it?
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I use an Android app on my phone called 'Sleep Cycle' which seems to work well...

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=s...cle&c=apps
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I've been doing it regularly after beginning my CPAP journey months ago to help monitor my sleep quality as well. It seems pretty accurate in that the moments marked awake, I know I was clearly awake, and the sleep quality recorded seems to correlate with how I feel that day. However it does seem to miss some of my awakenings. For example, twice last night I woke between 9 and 12 to remove my earbud and adjust my mask and neither of those was recorded as an awakening. That said, it has led me to one interesting finding: my sleep stack of magnesium, zinc and glycine was actually disrupting my sleep - I was always averaging a good amount less deep sleep every night I took it, so I've since stopped. I don't really see the point of monitoring sleep unless you're actually trying different things and trying to make connections....
Post Reply Post Reply
Here the Quantified Scientist tests the quality of the sleep tracking Apple smartwatch. As a reference, he uses an EEG device at the same time. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqtfC70QTU )

Furthermore, in this video at 11:58 minutes he compares the results of the Apple watch with 17 other smart devices, which he also tested. His video's are very informative.
Post Reply Post Reply
The xiaomi mi watch gives a lot of information about sleep, even the oxygen percentage in blood
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my apple watch series 6, with an app called Autosleep. Even basic apple heath data is fine but I like the way Autosleep interprets it. My experience has been limited to an apple watch only, which I find very annoying to wear while I am sleeping. So I wear it like once a week to get some data on how am I doing. Also, the main parameter I look for is O2 levels. hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
At a very reasonible price
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 282 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
  How I perfected my sleep w/ an Apple Watch gainerfull 6 253 04-24-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 129 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 5 208 04-21-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 597 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,253 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,818 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.