Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines
RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines
I think 20K is about the life of the blower, so it's time to swap it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We typically see a Motor Life Exceeded warning at just under 22,000 hours. You can find the run-hours in the clinical menu near the bottom in the "About' section. Run-hours are not re settable except by a repair facility. Replacing the motor does not turn off the motor life exceeded warning, however the device should be good for thousands more hours of use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We typically see a Motor Life Exceeded warning at just under 22,000 hours. You can find the run-hours in the clinical menu near the bottom in the "About' section. Run-hours are not re settable except by a repair facility. Replacing the motor does not turn off the motor life exceeded warning, however the device should be good for thousands more hours of use.

I have never seen the warning message, so maybe I will see it soon since I am at 21,493.  

My other question was Airsense 11 vs newer Airsense 10.  Am si missing something by getting a newer Airsense 10?  

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll likely be just fine with the 10 series. It's been around, yes, but been reliable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not only are you not missing anything, I think the consensus is that the 10 is better. You can get the Airsense 10 Autoset card to cloud version from Supplier #1 on Black Friday special now at $499 (code BF23). There are some other good deals out there if you look, but limits on minimum advertised price means you get a better deal by calling.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Guys, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

I had the best sleep last night because I replaced the motor.  
I bought the motor for $101 from that big supplier of everything.  Ordered it Monday, got it yesterday and I used my soft electric screwdriver which has a set of small Allen and Torx bits.  I don’t remember what size it was but it was an allen, not torx, and the same size throughout.  
The rubber housing was dusty so I washed it with dawn soap, rinsed it well and dried it with a hair dryer.  Everything was really easy. The only thing that went wrong is the four very thin wire that go into a tiny bracket that connects to the board.  Well, I could not get that to stick and one of the wires came off.  I gambled it.  I was able to connect them but not how they shave been.  I believe it is a connection to the modem and since that is irrelevant now, I finished putting the CPAP back together.  
The pressure was stronger and since I didn’t change any settings, I guessed the new motor is more powerful compared to what the old one was pumping for the past few years.  Super quiet.  Probably quieter than the original.  I slept 5 hours straight then a couple more.  What a relief.  
Very thankful for all your help and hopyou all had a great Thanksgiving.  
Now I can wait until January to go see a new Dr to prescribe a new machine.  
Thanks for the input on the machines.  I will stick with the Airsense 10.  I just don’t know what the latest versions of that model bring to the table.  
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the win.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job! Another one for Apneaboard diy team.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2023, 03:11 PM)SleepHungry Wrote: It says 21,493.  
I am going to send it for repair.
Does Oscar pull all this info?  I guess i'll just write some of the numbers down to make sure i get the same machine back.  it would be backup once i get a new one.
Supplier 27 sent me a label already with a pre-validated estimate of $270.  Crazy?
I am going to check supplier 28.  
Going to suck it up and use my airmini until I get it back.  
Appreciate your guidance.

OSCAR will track the change of *PAP machines by make/model/serial number, at the bottom of the "Statistic" page.

For the motor change and hours, you can make a note on the OSCAR "Daily" page, just above the "orange AHI banner", you will see a tab labeled "Notes".

I do not know of any way to search notes for an entry though, so for future reference you my want to write on the bottom/inside of the ResMed unit, the motor change date and hours.
  Good to hear your success!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 598 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 477 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,311 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch
  Mask Setting in ResMed AutoSense 10 xhwmikey 7 1,334 02-20-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] My new Resmed 11 autosense has the wrong GMT zone set. dpcalandro 2 2,531 01-19-2022, 07:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Resmed Autosense 11 question eroemer 6 2,229 01-09-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: stevekuk
Question Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset Caniss 2 4,441 09-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Caniss

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.